b&q kitchen on uneven floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have bought a b&q kitchen and have built the units up and used one of them lasers on a tripod to mark out base units and theres about 25mm difference from one end to the other so my question is do i start at the lowest point or the heighest???? id have thought the heighest but there would be a 25mm gap above the endpanel :confused: am i doing somthing wrong ?? hopefully somone can enlighten me

thanks
Rich

Sponsored Links
25mm out over what distance? Don't know what type/age of property but it's an awful lot for the floor to be out even in a large room, are you sure you levelled the laser tripod correctly? Have you tried checking the accuracy of the “on board” bubble level with a spirit level?

Id level the floor first if its possible. if its not then ull have to work from the lowest point and cut the bottom of the end panels and the bottom of the plinths

Sponsored Links
trouble is the plynths are 150mm and if i reduce the legs down to min its 150mm so i would need to cut the legs down too

its an old terraced house early 1900`s

the floor is out 25mm over 3100mm

and yes i levelled laser correctly and double checked by marking wall and checked with spirit level

another idea would be to start from heighest point and when i get to lowest point take back my short end pannels and get the long ones and cut to size, i could also cut a long end pannel down for the plynths if required

your thoughts on this would be apprechiated

Rich.

it will cost you a fortune if you cut down end panels to use as plinths bear in mind you can have a bit of a gap at the top of the plinths because your not going to see it unless you get down on your hands and knees and look under the units

good point tommy but 25mm is a bit much and i wont be using end pannels only for plynths just the last 1.5 meters where the gap will be too bad.
i can get a pack of 2 x 1800mm x 570mm for about £45 which isnt that bad especially when i take the short ones back

this is the best solution i can come up with

if anyone can come up with a better one im all ears

Whatever you do,,, make sure if you have any under worktop appliances (washing machine/fridge etc ),, leave a minimum height of 870mm where they are going. otherwise they won't fit under.

god how gutted would you be if you fitted a kitchen for a customer and then when you put all the appliances in place none if them would fit! Itd definetley be a heart sinking feeling its got to have happened to a few people in the past

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back