B & Q kitchen wall fixings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have brought the big 900mm tall wall units and i am not impressed with the supplied wall fixings. the plate that screws to the wall needs 2 holes drilled close together see the elongated holes in the silver metal part.- not ideal and then the part that fits in the cupboard is screwed in place with silly little silver screws see picture. Although the way this part fits is tight up against the underside of the top of the unit those screws look useless.
I do have the units sitting on a batten to take most of the weight but still not happy with the supplied fixings.
20092.jpg

Sponsored Links
They've been like this for years and nothing has fallen off the walls.
Well, some did but had been fitted by bodgers.
If you don't trust the bracket, buy a rail.
It's the same thing but long so can be secured with more fixings spaced out.
The plastic fitting that goes in the cabinet will not come off, never seen one fail.

Thanks Johnny. I have just been googling the 1m long brackets I could get one and cut it to make my own slightly longer wall brackets but would my cabinet part hook be compatible though.
The wall plate supplied has 2 fixing holes at 20mm centrers so really close together - fine if I hit brick -- but you know i wont and will be in some really crappy mortar or breeze block.

Sponsored Links
These look much better than mine EBAY mine are 35mm wide x 25mm high.
brackure.JPG

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
They all fit.
Hooks are just that, hooks.
Once the cabinet is up, you can use the 2 screws on the white plastic bit to adjust height /horizontal level and vertical level.
I personally notch a bit of the cabinet side so to place the wall bracket in a position where the hook is sitting a bit further in than the edge.
Notch is then covered by end panel.

I personally notch a bit of the cabinet side so to place the wall bracket in a position where the hook is sitting a bit further in than the edge.
Notch is then covered by end panel.
Sorry not sure what you mean here.

They all fit.
Hooks are just that, hooks.
I was thinking about the stand off depth from the wall the supplied ones are 5mm so was wondering if others had a deeper stand off meaning I would run out of adjustment and it still be sloppy on the wall.

Sorry not sure what you mean here.
Think about the left bracket: the edge of the cabinet limits how far left you can position the bracket.
So after you fit the bracket, the hook will be more or less at the left edge of the bracket.
By cutting a notch in the cabinet side, you'd be able to fit the bracket at but more to the left, let's say 15mm.
So the hook will sit nicely on the bracket and not the edge of it.
Don't know if it's clear, let me know if it's not and I sketch something up.
I was thinking about the stand off depth from the wall the supplied ones are 5mm so was wondering if others had a deeper stand off meaning I would run out of adjustment and it still be sloppy on the wall.
No, don't worry, it will work.
If you adjust the hook it goes almost flush with the back of the cabinet, so you won't have any problem.

Think about the left bracket: the edge of the cabinet limits how far left you can position the bracket.
So after you fit the bracket, the hook will be more or less at the left edge of the bracket.
By cutting a notch in the cabinet side, you'd be able to fit the bracket at but more to the left, let's say 15mm.
So the hook will sit nicely on the bracket and not the edge of it.
Ah I get you now - see what you are saying but mounting 2 cabinets side by side may not work so well as the 2 brackets moved close together will result in 2 holes drilled close together again.
Unless I brought the 1m wide stuff and cut it down to 150mm then I could get 4 screws in that and 2 cabinets can share it.

Ah I get you now - see what you are saying but mounting 2 cabinets side by side may not work so well as the 2 brackets moved close together will result in 2 holes drilled close together again.
Unless I brought the 1m wide stuff and cut it down to 150mm then I could get 4 screws in that and 2 cabinets can share it.
No, you'll have at least 30mm between holes.
Get the bracket 10mm further left than it would sit without the notch.
Then you'll end up with another 8mm of the carcass x2 for adjacent cabinet + 8/10mmx2 distance between bracket edge and hole.
Done hundreds of times.
Long rail is a lot easier and quicker though.

No, you'll have at least 30mm between holes.
Get the bracket 10mm further left than it would sit without the notch.
Then you'll end up with another 8mm of the carcass x2 for adjacent cabinet + 8/10mmx2 distance between bracket edge and hole.
Done hundreds of times.
Long rail is a lot easier and quicker though.
Yes I see now. People really do not like the b and q ones

If you don't trust the bracket, buy a rail.
It's the same thing but long so can be secured with more fixings spaced out.
Doing some research it seems that a rail is the way to go. Looked on amazon and saw some people had problems with soft metal bending. Can I ask where you get yours from johnny. Think I will cut 1m down to 650mm to span 2 units and the remainder 350mm will be a single one end.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back