Run of kitchen cupboards - Wall fixings query.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just dismantled a kitchen for a deep clean....

Currently putting it back together.

Question: The cupboards all hang on hooks that are well secured to the wall. But, I noticed that the stand alone wall cupboards have two further screws near the bottom that screw straight through the back into the wall. I assume as further anchor points.

However, on the run of wall cupboards where multiple carcasses are screwed together, only the central one has the two further anchor screws. The smaller cupboards either side, don't. They just have the top wall hooks.

Is this acceptable/normal?

Edit:

The run of cupboards is 2.4m
The central unit with the extra screws is 1m long.

It has two further units to it's left, one is 0.5m the other is 0.6m.
It has one unit to it's right which is 0.3m long.

As I said, all of these are fixed together to make one long run.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Usually wall cabinets are just hung at the top and then gravity takes care of the rest.
Any further fixing is at builder's discretion (i.e. ****y wall=a couple of screws in the middle push the cabinets flush to the wall)

Yeh, I logically assumed the top hanging anchors were the key weight bearing point.

I was just confused why they used the extra support points in small stand-alone cupboards....but only used them in the central carcass as part of a long run.

cupboards-7673.JPG

As you can see. The central one has the two support screws holes. The rest do not.

So, I can assume it is safe enough to stick with what they originally did, rather than waste time/energy drilling holes.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Yeh, I logically assumed the top hanging anchors were the key weight bearing point.

I was just confused why they used the extra support points in small stand-alone cupboards....but only used them in the central carcass as part of a long run.

View attachment 178028

As you can see. The central one has the two support screws holes. The rest do not.

So, I can assume it is safe enough to stick with what they originally did, rather than waste time/energy drilling holes.
Yes just stick em up the same way they have been.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back