B & Q kitchen wall fixings

To be honest I never seen one bend.
I buy them from Selco jewson and one of independent close by.
They seem to be all the same.

Sponsored Links
Howden do hanging rails for wall cabinets in 2.4m lengths. All you do is find the height you want the cabinets and fix one end, level up the rail and fix the second end. Add more screws at regular intervals.
You cut the rail into shorter lengths as all you are doing is making work for yourself. With the long rail you only have to level once.

Yes you will have to trim out a piece of the back sides of the cabinet sides where the rail is on the wall.

Ok great I have a Selco account so may have to pop in as I cannot see it on there website. Or Jewsons.
To be honest I never seen one bend.
I buy them from Selco jewson and one of independent close by.
They seem to be all the same.

Howden do hanging rails for wall cabinets in 2.4m lengths. All you do is find the height you want the cabinets and fix one end, level up the rail and fix the second end. Add more screws at regular intervals.
You cut the rail into shorter lengths as all you are doing is making work for yourself. With the long rail you only have to level once.

Yes you will have to trim out a piece of the back sides of the cabinet sides where the rail is on the wall.
Yes I see that, I have some serface pipes that are too close to the wall to get the rail behind so I will have to do some cutting.

Sponsored Links

I brought the Halfe ones from toolstation and they look much stronger than the b and q ones and the brackets are far better.
My local Selco do not sell the long ones neither do jewson but I got one from howdens. I noticed that the howden long one depth is not as deep as the halfe ones, see picture, hoping I do not have problems trying to get the lip to catch.
Also you cane see the size difference between the b and q halfe and howdens when you see them side by side it makes the b and q one look useless.
IMG_20231217_185046435-01.jpeg
IMG_20231217_185228022-01.jpeg

Ok the units are now up.
I used the 2.5m rail, its stand-off from the wall was much less than the ones that came with the halfe ones from toolstation. I was concerned that it would not be enough to be able to get the cabinet hung on it but it was fine.
I liked that there were multiple holes for fixings, I placed it on the wall and marked the best holes for closeness to the bracket for best support but also marked a load of the other hole positions as back up for when I did not hit a brick or I hit an empty frog or hit a brick that is made out of Adamantium :ROFLMAO: so couldn't get a deep fixing.
I think it would of been much better if some of the holes were elongated for vertical adjustments, this is because the units brackets themselves were rubbish, the halfe ones from tool station had almost no vertical adjustment and the screws to do the adjustment
were really soft and easily rounded out the posi slots, the B&Q ones were worse for that but at least they had more vertical movement.
Next time I fit a kitchen I will be looking for some other unit bracket but will probably use the 2.5m rail again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back