Baa baa RAINBOW sheep?

ban-all-sheds said:
I have just sent this email to the following people (the last cc is the editor of the local paper):

To: [email protected], [email protected]
cc: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Sj: "baa baa rainbow sheep" at Abingdon Family Centre and Sutton Courtenay Sure Start Centre

I would like to complain strongly about this madness.

I am very much opposed to racism, and I want to express how much I abhor this kind of excessive political correctness for just that reason. Every time an organisation promulgates a policy like this, it provides ammunition for the racists. By creating this ludicrous policy, you have provided an example of "anti-racism" that is so ridiculous that nobody with any common sense would agree with it.

What happens then is that the racists will use it as an example of why criticism of racism is *all* daft and over-sensitive, and is *all* "political correctness gone mad", and slowly and insidiously that view takes hold.

Of course people should re-evaluate traditional attitudes, and avoid giving gratuitous offence, but I'm afraid that making changes like this to childrens' nursery rhymes actually does more harm than good to the very groups that you believe you are protecting.

Please put a stop to it now.

I look forward to reading it in my local paper.

Sponsored Links
I sent an email to my local paper once, I'd like to say that it was a well constructed missive, but it went more along the lines of

Dear Sirs,

If you must post your rag through my letter box each Sunday, could you do me the service of printing your efforts on more absorbant paper with non marking ink, and perforations please. At least this way it will be potentially useful.

Didn't get a reply.

Sponsored Links
lol @ ninebob
"Humpty Dumpty" - IT'S A F***ING EGG!!!

good one , :) ;) ;)

It ceases to amaze me how white liberals can get so worked up about an kind of perceived racism , or any "ism" ,where as the ethnic minorities
havent even thought of the connection ..lol :) :)

ninebob said:
andy said:
like doesnt work. i assume you mean this?
Yes, sorry - link corrected now in original post.

Isn't it all ridiculous? And heaven knows what makes them think children would be upset about the ending of "Humpty Dumpty" - IT'S A F***ING EGG!!!How about:

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
He fell in the frying pan & then on a plate,
And Humpty became the breakfast I ate!
:LOL: :LOL:

I was told it was a cannon ;)

Back