Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep?

My kids have 50 minute lessons...and only do games if it isnt raining! :rolleyes:

Zampa, you said that you taught in an FE establishment but refer to your students as kids. Assuming that they all over 16 years of age, can I take it that, excluding those who have learning difficulties, your intake is made up of the very poorest students in terms of ability. If this is the case, and I am not saying that it is, was it fair to lump all students into the 'reading age of 7' category as you did in your original posting?

Sorry bolo...I didnt word that very well...I meant my own kids...apologies for causing the confusion.

My own intake is made of of students of different ages youngest being about 17...eldest is 46.

Some are more able than others with the basics of maths and english...but the majority 'struggle' and a fair percentage need basic skills tutoring alongside their normal training.

The figures I was intially refering to were for the college as a whole..I may be a point or two out but 53% is the norm...but the worrying thing is that figure can also be broken down again...from 7-11 back to about 7 itself

Sponsored Links
Back