BAck boiler service

Sponsored Links
Indeed, not a boiler for the inexperienced. But a good one if treated properly.

5 digit GS numbers are your best bet although won't cover those that left and rentered the industry etc.

As was said ... Don't try to pull the wool over the engineer's eyes when you find him.... He will have heard it Al before, and giving a load of BS will only ending up on costing more in the end.

I'd rather be honest, just need someone who actually seen one before.

The just suspected and capped the gas and said to get it checked by a rgi as that's the only gas appliance. No cigarette smoke in the house and no staining either

I'll give a call to 5 digit rgi's

Sponsored Links
More than likely lint arrester choked...
My registration number exceeds 5 digits so unfortunately I can't help.:)

I've heard it it now FFS..
Didn't Agile get a hard time the other week when he mentioned "digits"....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My first gas number was five digits, 86,xxx.

But after a year's break they gave me a new six digit one 184,xxx.

But I am not phased by BBUs and even went on the BAXI course for them as so many RGIs seemed to be avoiding them.

I have done some in Cov but Brum is a little too far. And Stoney Lane is not what it used to be. Even Cheddar's Lane has been closed down. I was taken to see that by a large WPC.

When a boiler has been capped off, I charge as for a repair if off at meter. If the pipe is cut then extra £15 to reconnect that.

Tony

The just suspected and capped the gas and said to get it checked by a rgi as that's the only gas appliance. No cigarette smoke in the house and no staining either

I'll give a call to 5 digit rgi's

What made them "suspect". Did you report a smell of fumes,or gas?

NB: As Steel & Dan has suggested, having a 6 or 7 digit number does not make you a "bad" RGI. They prove that point, IMO. But a lot of new entrants are sh}t scared of open flues, and I was merely suggesting a quick way of narrowing the fired (I assume Brum is awash with RGI's). In fact, it has been suggested on this site that some if the old vacated numbers are being reissued, so can work the other way.

My apologies to Steel, I know he is a sensitive soul at heart.:)

I have to say that I would recommend someone who knows them reasonably well.

I used to train new people on them when there was one to do. They are, or used to be, included on the gas training we have to do.

Sent a trainee to one to do a service and ****** left the thermostat out of it's pocket.

Tony

What "new people" are these, then, Tony? Obviously not the Beeb, and I thought you have always been SE, as it only takes an electronics engineer a couple of weeks to become proficient in RGI'ing.:rolleyes:

And what level was the "trainee" on, before unleashing on the pulic.?

It is easy, though, to leave out a t'stat phial. Some here have even admitted to leaving off a FGA cap.:)

They used to come to me for practical training associated with their ACS or sometimes later to get a portfolio when it was required to get their own first registration.

There is so much work associated with getting back into a BBU to replace a stat phial that is was good training for him to have to go back to put it in place. I doubt he ever did that again in his short time on the tools.

He now teaches gas courses at the College of NW London ( Or Willesden Tech as it was known ).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back