BAck boiler service

Ah yes Willesden college of technology (Dudden Hill Lane)...spent a good few years there..:cool:
Where did you serve your apprenticeship Tony?..remind me again , what college did you attend???

Sponsored Links
Not allowed to post it on here.

But you can put your chaps name if you wish. I very much doubt it was the same one though.

Sponsored Links
I only have 4 digits so a lot better than you steel ;)
Fireman pretty certain grid have dropped cause for concern and going straight to AR now they got a new unsafe procedures book about sept /Oct last year.

Its really worrying some of the comments in this post from so called experts , OP you need and experienced engineer and if he or she even thinks about getting a Flue gas analyser out for your back boiler tell them to do one

Its as basic as it gets in reality, its just today's boiler repairmen as fireman says sh#te them selves

Aren't operatives registered as traineess, supposed to be supervised?

Its really worrying some of the comments in this post from so called experts , OP you need and experienced engineer and if he or she even thinks about getting a Flue gas analyser out for your back boiler tell them to do one

It is part of BG's SOP's to FGA back boilers, at least it was a couple of years ago.

My registration number exceeds 5 digits so unfortunately I can't help.:)

That might be so but the name puts you back under the spotlight:p

Sweep the heat exchanger, clean the main burner and pilot assembley, as Steel said- clean the lint arrester and the rest of the checks.
The boiler will still be here giving reliable belt and braces service for a zillion years unless the uninitiated involved in which case you will have a new boiler fitted in 4 hours 12 minutes and 23 seconds and picture of the back boiler will appear in the Gassafe magazine

Last edited:
It was turned off as tenant went to docs as had some tests done and had high carbon monoxide levels. Could only think it may be boiler as the alarm has been beeping which they thought was due to low battery. As a precaution it was turned off

There must be someone on here that covers Birmingham???

Alarm does not "beep" for CO detection - it screams.

When boiler sorted invest in a CO alarm that records the highest CO concentration since last reset. Bear in mind cookers, grills especially, can produce CO, it is possible that the tenant regularly visits someone that DOES have a CO problem.

Are you the Landlor?

you could please yourself with fga results with just changing position of probe ,

Alarm does not "beep" for CO detection - it screams.

When boiler sorted invest in a CO alarm that records the highest CO concentration since last reset. Bear in mind cookers, grills especially, can produce CO, it is possible that the tenant regularly visits someone that DOES have a CO problem.

Are you the Landlor?
The alarm present at the moment is the one purchased from British gas, I'll buy another.

Yes I'm the landlord. Luckily only boiler on gas, and should have someone coming to take a look

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back