Back Boiler Tripping RCD

The supressor contains an encapsulated resistor of about 100 ohms in series with a capacitor of about 0.01µF.

However its wired across the SWL and neutral so its in the same circuit on both CH and HW demand.

It does seem to be most likely to be associated with the pump and any motor valve.

We have not been told exactly which fuse is blowing!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Ive left only hw on and it hasnt tripped, and this is after 2 days so i think it could be the thermostat on the boiler but not sure.

Faulty 2 port/ 3 port valve. :?:

Ive left only hw on and it hasnt tripped, and this is after 2 days so i think it could be the thermostat on the boiler but not sure.

Faulty 2 port/ 3 port valve. :?:

The boiler thermostat does not know if its on heating or hot water.

As its gravity hot water and I expect only one heating zone I doubt there is more than a two port valve and possibly no motor valve at all.

Tony

Sponsored Links
As its gravity hot water and I expect only one heating zone I doubt there is mote than a two port valve and possibly no motor valve at all

Bit out of touch aren`t we Pops? :D
There has to be at least a two port valve otherwise you would have to have heating on in the summer if you wanted hot water only. :rolleyes:

Or it could have a gravity valve and pump runs only for heating :rolleyes:

Oh, I see, you're winding him up? Go right ahead :evil:

Don`t know if i am missing something here but he says gravity hot water and pumped heating in first post so yes the way to stop rads heating up when only hot water on is an anti gravity valve on the boiler flow.

What you getting at bamber?

As has been said suppresor does exacty same on HW as it does on CH
Simple just remove it if you think that is what is causing it ,but be unusual if it is as i would it to do it on both unless time is a factor

DEAR SCOTTFZ IF THE SYSTEM IS WIRED CORRECTLY YOUR FAULT SEEMS TO BE BETWEEN TERMINAL no2 ON THE PROGRAMMER AND THE PUMP. UNPLUG THE PUMP THEN RUN THE CENTRAL HEATING IF IT TRIPS AGAIN THEN DISCONNECT TERMINALno2 ON THE PROGRAMMER IF IT DOESNT TRIP AGAIN THEN CHECK THE WIRING IN THE PUMP SOCKET AND THE SOCKET ITSELF,ALSO CHECK THE CONDITION OF THE CONNECTONS WHERE THE BOILER,PUMP FEED,PROGRAMMER,AND FEED ARE ALL LOCATED.IVE SEEN SOME RIGHT MESSESS WHERE PEOPLE CONNECT UP SYSTEMS,MORE EXPOSED CABLE/FLEX OUTSIDE TERMINALS THAN IN THEM ,IT DONT TAKE MUCH TO GET TROUBLE FROM A BAD JUNCTION BOX.GOOD LUCK.

its got to be the supressor, took it out and still not tripped rcd.

only found it cos i was flicking the switch on off a few times and started tripping straight away. thats when i removed it and found it was knacked shorting across N E.

If it was the supressor then that would have tripped equally on heating as on HW only.

Its available as a spare part probably at an inflated cost or as a generic part from an electronics supplier at perhaps under £2.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back