Back Boiler Vent

Don’t you love open flue appliances? I may have counted wrong, but I think so far we have 8 conflicting opinions.
Fortunately for the OP, the correct answer is among them

Sponsored Links
In reality bbu are often installed without the annular sealing (that is often near impossible to rectify) giving the first NCS fault, installing a floor vent without it being ducted to the outside would provide a second so I'd consider that option AR (no Radon in London :) ).

If its the usual old bbu in gross rates then the (bbu Kw + fire Kw) - 7 x 4.5 = csa in cm

Normally a standard core vent high up (grill facing the ceiling) does the job and is the safest option; less chance of being taped/cling filmed over.

The requirement for intermediate vents in doors being low down to prevent the passage of smoke has always been ignored when it comes to warm air systems. Perhaps this regulation is a fairly recent change.

The majority of warm air systems I find have the relief air vents above the doorways. Many systems installed in the 60's and 70's have the lower bead removed from the glass top light above the doorways of each room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back