Back to backing Rads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening all I hope you are well and have had a good day

I now have a spare rad after replacing a dinky one in my lounge with a 450mm x 2000mm double.

I want to fit this in my newly created downstairs bathroom. The rad is a 450mm x 600mm double and will be back to back with another existing rad in the lounge.

I have hung the new rad and popped the tails through the wall ready to connect onto the existing where the tails rise out of the floor but here I have a question

can I simply "T" into the existing tails flow to flow return to return or should I plumb return of old rad to flow of new and vice versa ?

Will it make much of a difference with such a small rad

many thanks in advance as always

Sponsored Links
pipe it in the easy short way, the only thing which will then change is that the TRV could be on the right on one rad and the left on the other, TRV's are bi directional, but the preferred option is the flow, so before you drain the water to fit it check which pipe gets hot first, thats the one you want to put the new TRV on, even if the original rad is the other way round

Sponsored Links
pipe it in the easy short way, the only thing which will then change is that the TRV could be on the right on one rad and the left on the other, TRV's are bi directional, but the preferred option is the flow, so before you drain the water to fit it check which pipe gets hot first, thats the one you want to put the new TRV on, even if the original rad is the other way round

Thanks for the advice I have made sure that the pipes go TRV end to TRV end and Lockshield to LockShield.

I have put a brand new Lockshield and TRV on my new rad anyway but will do so on the old when I drain down so I know they are both bi-directional

Thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back