Back to wall toilet fitting

Hi all,

I need some help!
For the last week we have noticed water pooling around the base of our back to wall toilet. I took off the cabinet panel and was able to put my hand behind the pan and i could feel water around the flush pipe where it enters the toilet pan, but there was also limescale around where the flush downpipe leaves the cistern.

Now, I am a complete novuce, and i need to remove the toilet but am not sure how to do this? The pan is screwed to the floor, so obviously i remove the screws, but then what? Do i just gently pull the pan away from the wall? Are the flush pipe and waste pipe just push fitted into the pan????

Please help or direct me to where i can get some help.

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi

I have a feeling what you propose won't work. I would think the cast will be too far into the room. I don't know where the outlet is on that particular model is, but the one I did was only just enough to get it to fit with a flexi into plastic soil through/along under the floor.
I don't think they do those flexis to 3.5" pipe do they?
Any chance of a photo?

Thanet

My way of connecting cold main to toilet is to coil up 10mm speed fit behind pan to cistern, then run the 10mm under floor or in walll to an iso valve behind hand basin pedestal or better still in vanity unit.( Seemples), the excess coil of 10mm alllows you to pull pan out without disconnection

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back