Back to wall toilet removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI

We have a problem with the wall hung toilet in the cloakroom. When flushed there is a trickle of water down the wall under the toilet. Obviously this is coming from either the inlet from the cistern , or the outlet. I think I can check which by chucking a bucket of water down and seeing if the leak still occurs - if it does, then the problem is with the outlet.
Is there a flaw in this theory?

When the toilet is removed (presumably quite straightforward) both connections will come apart anyway. Do they have replaceable seals or joints?

Is there a recommended procedure for fixing this problem?

Many thanks
Caroline

Sponsored Links
HI

We have a problem with the wall hung toilet in the cloakroom. When flushed there is a trickle of water down the wall under the toilet. Obviously this is coming from either the inlet from the cistern , or the outlet. I think I can check which by chucking a bucket of water down and seeing if the leak still occurs - if it does, then the problem is with the outlet.
Is there a flaw in this theory?
nope - pretty sound way of eliminating or confirming one possible cause.
When the toilet is removed (presumably quite straightforward) both connections will come apart anyway. Do they have replaceable seals or joints?
quite likely; pan connectors and waste outlets are pretty standard sizes

Is there a recommended procedure for fixing this problem?
Caroline
Yep - pay me a shed load of money to do it for you ;)

Seriously, the only problem may be trying to remove the pan (working out how it's hung), especially if the original installer has squirted some silicon round the back somewhere. If you can remove the water from the base of pan (cup, bucket, towels etc) then it's no bad thing, since lugging an expensive bit of pottery on wet floor is no great joy ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back