Back to wall toilet

L

longdogs

Hi everyone

I have to install one of those fancy back-to-wall WCs with flush fitting cistern. Apart from the obvious problems of installing a toilet 'blind', it will be installed on top of stone floor tiles. Anyone got any ides what the pan can be bedded onto? bearing in mind that it will need to come out if there are any problems or if the toilet seat needs replacing. Thought of using sealant but not sure it would be easy to remove.
What a fantastic design :?:

Many Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick reply mate.

I was concerned about the base of the pan being in contact with the hard tiles ....or do you think this would be ok?

Sponsored Links
might get some build up between the joint but looks better than poorly cut tiles with excessive grouting, some use silicon sealant to finish the joint between tile and pan as it can be renewed if bacteria build up is bad(glazzed tile)

stone tiles are pourus so if you sealant it might be hard to remove (stainage)so its up to you if you leave it without a sealed joint.

Why not go one step further and fit a wall hung pan with concealed cistern.
No worries about fixing to the floor.

I've recently fitted one and it looks really good.

Depends on how much P+M you do

P-I-S-S-I-N-G and Missin` :oops: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

whistler said:
Why not go one step further and fit a wall hung pan with concealed cistern.
No worries about fixing to the floor.

I've recently fitted one and it looks really good.

Thanks Whistler but it is not my toilet. it has already been bought I'm afraid and they love it. Does look nice I have to say but from a plumbing point of view would prefer something that you can see if it is leaking anywhere.

I havn't fitted a wall hung pan yet. What's it like to fit. Is the framework plastered over?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back