Cersanit "Easy off" seat removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
webHi all,

Trying to work out how to change my seat that has broken. It's a back to the wall toilet but cant seem to see any release on the seat. If this is from the bottom fitted seat , save removing the toilet can I just cut it off an fit a top fitting seat or will I need access to below anyway to fit the fitting brackets for the seat to sit in in the first place? Pics of toilet if it helps. There are two larger holes and the smaller one seem to he fixing to hold it to the wall.

Attachments

• IMG_20190620_200655.jpg
    IMG_20190620_200655.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 794
  • IMG_20190620_200701.jpg
    IMG_20190620_200701.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 582
  • IMG_20190620_200714.jpg
    IMG_20190620_200714.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 624
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Try looking for a grubs screw at the back of the chrome hinge, or try lifting the disc up to reveal a screw. Do you have the same seat or similar? Otherwise you might not get it to fit.

Sponsored Links
I haven't got a replacement yet, only happened today. I will have a look tomorrow and see what I can find. If not could I put it off and fit a top fitting one without needing access below?

Just have another quick look, no grub screw on the hinges and the discs on the bottom flush with the toilet are solid and wont budge so dont think these pop up either. Looks like whoever installed it fitted the seat before fitting.

Have you a pic of damaged part? It might have a button on it, which may have released the seat?

Its the lid bit of the seat thats actually cracked. The actual hinges are intact.

Might need to remove the pan then, unless anyone more experienced with these seats can help?

After much searching ive found the toilet make and model, its a Cersanit Pure:

https://www.cersanit.com/bathroom/pure-010-compact-bowl,33.html

Strangely enough the seats listed on their site both say "easy off" but I cant see how.

Also found this picture online and if its not easy off it seems like a royal pain to fit a seat even with the bowl off!:

s-l500.jpg

Anyone had any run ins with these before?

Just read this old thread. In case anybody still has the same problem ie their toilet seat hinge comes loose (on their Cersanit 'Pure' toilet seat) and you can't access from below to tighten. The simple answer is to lift the toilet seat up to get easier access to the bracket. Get pair of mole grips and clamp to the silver disc, then tighten. The Disc will self tighten to the bowl. It has solved my problem. I was worried that I was going to have to take out the bowl etc simply to access the hinge. Hope this helps somebody.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back