New toilet seat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of the white plastic cushioning supports on the underside of the seat has broken into bits, so when you sit down the seat slews to one side.
Can I purchase these supports anywhere?.

If not How do you fit a new toilet seat to a toilet which has only two holes in the top and no access from the side or back.

Thanx

Sponsored Links
Dont know about spare cushioning supports but, you can get toilet seats that tighten from above if you've no access from behind.

:)

I work in mental health hospitals, everything is concealed including the WC seats, we replace everything with 'Armatige Shanks 'Gemini'' seats, screw down from the top and really are secure when put in correctly. Trust me I've had someone with the intention to wrap it around my head and he didnt manage to get it off.

They average around £30-£40 from most suppliers.

Hope this helps

Depends on the bog though guys, some Ideal Standard bogs can only have Ideal Standard seats.

Was at a punter a few months ago who had to replace one of the ones that required an Ideal Standard seat and the cost of said seat was £180! :eek:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advise.

So it seems i can remove the seat from above without having to have access from underneath to hold anything, shame i have to change out seat just for a broken support plastic. when i loosen off the screws the seat will come out no prob, so i guess i need a new seat with the same kind of above only locking method.
Can these be bought?

Thanx again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back