back up? if only i could

OK, What software are you using to back up your website, also, what web server software do you use? I am assuming that you host the website yourself, which may not be the case.

Sponsored Links
for my sins i use MS front page, no i dont host the website myself, and it s only the one which will not let mne back it up.

to back it it up, i format the zip disc (found preoblems before with old files if i dont) then copy whole file, open z d icon, & paste.

as i have mentioned its only the one website that does this, the others are fine

I think you may have to have a word with whoever hosts your website, it sounds like the problem may be at their end.

sorry i dont follow. i have the website here on my pc (i jsut upload to the server), all i want to do is to make a copy of it, the website itself works fine

Sponsored Links
Sorry, me getting confused. When you said you copied all the pages to an empty partition, but the files wouldn't copy, what happened? Did you get any error messages? Also the web pages, aren't hese just HTML (or similar) files?

Apologies I'm not really helping very much, but I'm intrigued.

If there is a link to a picture (or some other content) on one of your pages but the content is not on your drive (you know when you get the little red x on your page), this could cause the same problem.

Back