Backer immersion tank thermostat - no temperature guide?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently replaced a pair of faulty thermostats with Backer resetting types when I realised that the Backer stats don't have the temperature written on them, for example:

nc19k.jpg

I've read that the ideal temperature is around 60c but how am I supposed to set it to this temperature, other than letting it heat up and testing the temp of the water coming out of the taps? Other thermostats have 40/50/60c on their dials so what are Backer playing at?

Sponsored Links
I've read that the ideal temperature is around 60c but how am I supposed to set it to this temperature, other than letting it heat up and testing the temp of the water coming out of the taps? Other thermostats have 40/50/60c on their dials so what are Backer playing at?
Found this - see fourth paragraph.

Cheers for that. It's still odd though, if they don't want you to adjust it why have a dial at all? There's no reason not to have temperatures written on it. I've played with the dial so I guess I'll just have to measure the temperature at the taps.

Sponsored Links
If you want accurate 'hot' water temperatures at the taps maybe you ought to fit a TMV. (Thermostatic Mixing Valve.)

Backer 'stats are factory preset at 60°C.

In true Blue Peter fashion, here's one I prepared earlier, silicon-blobbed, arrow pointing to 60:
IHST7.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back