Backfill?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How many mm below dpc should i backfill?

My footings are 1m deep and 600mm wide. Is it best to have 2blocks + 1 brick inner and 7 engineering bricks on outer?

Sponsored Links
dpc should be minimum 150mm above external ground level.

You'll want, minimum, the last 3 courses of outer to be brickwork so that the appearance is right.

My footings are 1m deep and 600mm wide. Is it best to have 2blocks + 1 brick inner and 7 engineering bricks on outer?
Perfect, almost.

If ground levels allow, then it will make more economical sense to lay one block plus four courses of brick on the outer.

Having a course of bricks to finish the inner leaf will serve you well later on in the build, when it comes time to screed the floor up to the door openings. It means you can remove the brick at door threshold detail and screed right up to the door sill.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Noseall.

I have a another question regarding the internal wall (blocks), i don't have a trench dug for it but the BCO mentioned i had to lay a thicker concrete slab for it (when i get to put up the internal wall).

My question is do i dig a shallowish trench for the internal wall and fill in with concrete to bring it level again with rest of the ground. And then include that area again in the concrete flooring process i.e hardcore dpm insulation screed?

please advise

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back