Backlight timeout delay on Worcester Comfort II RF controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any ideas what determines the delay on the display backlight?

The light comes on when the temp setting is adjusted (as expected), but sometimes it goes off quickly, and sometimes it stays on for a minute or so, which seems a bit long.

Is the OFF signal sent from the WB boiler, or is it a setting internal to the controller? And is the delay timeout user settable?

Hopefully this is not indicative of a signalling or other major issue. (Note for the uninitiated - this is a wireless timer & thermostat.)

1701613425640.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Any ideas what determines the delay on the display backlight?

The light comes on when the temp setting is adjusted (as expected), but sometimes it goes off quickly, and sometimes it stays on for a minute or so, which seems a bit long.

Usually such things are a fixed time, my Vaillant LED backlight is, but the LCD remains on for quite a while longer. In your case, I would guess it remains on whilst adjusting, then remains on until it has sent the new setting, plus received an acknowledgement. Maybe the signal is poor, and it takes a while to get through...

Have you tried adjusting the control, with it nearer the receiver?

Thanks! I will try that, as it's something easily within my control. There's only about 12 feet from boiler to the controller as it is, but there may be signal interference.

BTW - the acknowledgment of the 'demand' signal is the little flame symbol. That doesn't show until the boiler has fired up and sent its reply. On this model the LCD display is permanent. It's the LED backlight that seems to have random timeout delay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back