Bad driving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Although there is an obvious potential own goal here ;) has anyone else noticed that once the weather gets a bit iffy, all the bad drivers decide to get in their cars and join the roads :confused: Seems there is a significant increase in the number of vehicles during blustery and water inclusive weather/ :confused:

Sponsored Links
I've noticed that there seems to be more bad drivers on the roads on Sundays. ;) ;)

Ah. That'll be the Sunday drivers.

It seems to me that the bigger and posher the car, the worse the driver.

Regarding an increase in the number of vehicles during "blustery and water inclusive weather", and how they are often badly driven, I believe these vehicles are the ones owned by the people who ride motor cycles and pedal cycles in "better weather". Those people, especially the pedal cyclists, think the rules of the road do not apply to them, and believe when in a car they can drive with the same contempt for everyone else.

Can of worms not only opened, but thrown against the wall to spread out! :)

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Regarding an increase in the number of vehicles during "blustery and water inclusive weather", and how they are often badly driven, I believe these vehicles are the ones owned by the people who ride motor cycles and pedal cycles in "better weather". Those people, especially the pedal cyclists, think the rules of the road do not apply to them, and believe when in a car they can drive with the same contempt for everyone else.
The model fits!

thats why i have fitted in my car 1 of these,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dual-Car-...4?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item5afac9538c

bought a 32gb class 10 card from amazon,
jobs a gooden.

:D
I very nearly did the same thing, then I realised I already had a high-res camera with GPS, inbuilt maps and 3G data connection so I got this free app for my phone : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hovans.autoguard&hl=en_GB along with a 32gb SD card

Only problem the phone has to use a screen mount and they keep breaking under the strain.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I almost pulled in front and stopped a car on Sunday (Weather and day related bad driving)

I didn't want to have a row with him I just wanted to put my missus in his car so she could yell at him instead of me for his bad driving.

He was braking heavily at every small change in direction of the road, speeding off then slowing down erratically, driving at 15-20 mph lower than the permissible speed (ok in a national speed limit zone but a pain in the arse in a 30-40 zone) and he was weaving from side to side whenever I could get close enough for an overtake.

And to cap it all when a dual carriageway presented a perfect opportunity to overtake just as I got level with the back of his car he wandered into my lane causing my missus to again scream at me for trying to kill us all!!!!

The worst drivers are the impatient idiots who overtake bikes on blind bends and crests of hills because they cant be bothered to wait 20 seconds until the road becomes clear enough to pass without incident. Many mornings on my way to work I have encountered cars on my side of the road because of this, one morning the car in front was actually pushed off the road (luckily into a driveway) by this and I too was narrowly missed by this idiot......

I can't understand where all the bad drivers come from, as survey after survey shows that most of us rate ourselves ' above average' drivers.

I can't understand where all the bad drivers come from, as survey after survey shows that most of us rate ourselves ' above average' drivers.

All the bad drivers are in Norfolk/Suffolk, dosnt matter how fast you are going they have to pass, & the indicators don't seem to work here either.
When I was living in London, they may pull out but they indicated & you new what was going on.

There was an item on the BBC breakfast program this morning about the doctor who deliberately infected himself with beef tapeworm. Whilst he was talking about it, he mentioned a parasite which affects cats and humans (Toxoplasma gondii ) He mentioned that people who get infected by this cat parasite are twice as likely to be involved in a car accident. :eek: :eek:
Apparently, they think it affects judgement decisions.
More here...

http://jezebel.com/5883939/has-your-cat-infected-you-with-a-mind+controlling-parasite-probably ;) ;)

Could be stress and fed up with the weather

I avoid driving like the plague these days, can't wait for the day I never have to do it again.

I avoid driving like the plague these days, can't wait for the day I never have to do it again.

Exactly my feelings. Now I've retired I have the good fortune to hardly ever drive during rush hour. The difference between that and driving during quiet parts of the day is enormous.

I still see many examples of bad driving, though. This must be down to stupidity.

thats why i have fitted in my car 1 of these,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dual-Car-...4?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item5afac9538c

bought a 32gb class 10 card from amazon,
jobs a gooden.

I very nearly did the same thing, then I realised I already had a high-res camera with GPS, inbuilt maps and 3G data connection so I got this free app for my phone : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hovans.autoguard&hl=en_GB along with a 32gb SD card

Only problem the phone has to use a screen mount and they keep breaking under the strain.

doesnt film the cars comming up your rear though does it,and then trying to blame you for braking needlessly.

and how does it work when your using the sat nav on the phone?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Back