Bad Eye Prescription second opinion

I had problems with varifocals, moving my head from side to side things like straight lines shelves in supermarkets for example seemed to ripple, I felt quite sea sick sometimes!
The optician admitted that different manufactures lenses have a slightly different lay out of the viewing areas I had a pair made up with the same prescription in another make and they were fine.
Couple of years later I thought I would get some from one of the cheap high street shops just the same problem, they didn't do the other (dearer of course) lenses so I had to go back to a "proper" opticians and get the same manufacturer again , good as gold after that! Maybe you have the same problem.
regards,
footprints

Sponsored Links
That's simply not true, that part is automated.
I beg to differ. Hand held guage everytime i go. Specsavers or Boots.
Yes, it may be done via the machine when testing vision but for actual frame fit and getting line of site (or wotever the correct phrase is) done manually.

OK, I may be very wrong here but I tried a basic test. Focussed a decent pair of binocs with my left eye...very sharp, then adjusted the right eye with the variable lens ....very sharp. I may be over-simplifying here but if I get a sharp image with my bins focussed correctly...shouldn't I be able to get one with a new pair of specs ?

OK, I may be very wrong here but I tried a basic test. Focussed a decent pair of binocs with my left eye...very sharp, then adjusted the right eye with the variable lens ....very sharp. I may be over-simplifying here but if I get a sharp image with my bins focussed correctly...shouldn't I be able to get one with a new pair of specs ?
Yes, but a lot depends on the expert/idiot who measures you up/does the fittting etc. That bit is crucial with varifocals

Sponsored Links
Yes, but a lot depends on the expert/idiot who measures you up/does the fittting etc. That bit is crucial with varifocals

Err, no it doesn't work like that. because you can see sharply with each individual eye, does not mean you can sharply focus with both eyes in tandem, it depends upon your relative ability to accommodate between each eye and how your brain interprets these.

I bought a pair of specs from Specsavers and got an identical pair free - the idea being that after a year or so when the lenses became scratched and covered in paint specks, tile adhesive and dust- I could then wear my nice new glasses. Last month I decided to wear my new ones and found that although the frames look exactly the same, they are infact about 5mm smaller in width and feel too tight. Too late to take them back now.
Wait a minute, you bought 2 pairs of glasses and didn't even look at, check or try on the second pair until a year later!

Back