Bad one

So you don't think it's insulting to accuse someone of having no conscience and being willing to destroy a business for personal gratification?

Like I said - you're a ****.

Sponsored Links
So you don't think it's insulting to accuse someone of having no conscience and being willing to destroy a business for personal gratification?

Like I said - you're a ****.

And you're so lacking in vocabulary you've had to resort to bad language yet again. :rolleyes:

I am sure Rob will have impressed upon the owner the danger that was created through overloading the circuit in that way, and the need to have a suitable supply installed to the equipment. The owner will no doubt be shocked at the situation and will have it sorted.

Planning/change of use issues are nothing to do with the jobbing maintenance electrician

Sponsored Links
That's exactly what happened.

Unfortunately my customer was naive when it comes to electricity. It's not like they had done some terrible lash up like we see every single day on here.

I have spent time explaining to them what they have got at the moment and how and why things went wrong in simple laymans terms that they can understand. I even did them a drawing.

I will be going back soon to put in a proper dedicated supply for them soon as they absoloutly want things to be safe and legal.

I don't see how this is any different to someone whose boiler has broken down plugging in 4 electric heaters. Are they breaking the law too?

I am sure Rob will have impressed upon the owner the danger that was created through overloading the circuit in that way, and the need to have a suitable supply installed to the equipment. The owner will no doubt be shocked at the situation and will have it sorted.

Planning/change of use issues are nothing to do with the jobbing maintenance electrician

Good point.

And you're so lacking in vocabulary you've had to resort to bad language yet again. :rolleyes:
And yet again you make that observation, despite having made it before and had it pointed out to you that what you choose to see on your screen in place of "****" is your choice, and that therefore you have nobody to criticise if you don't like what you see but yourself.

They are to do with everybody - that's how society should work.

How would RF know what permission's this customer has been granted for using their premises in this way?

Maybe he should have asked to see all required paper work before commencing the work! :rolleyes: Or maybe he has done the correct thing in advising on the situation that he came across to prevent this happening again and helping the customer understand a bit better!

Whilst I might have a little sympathy for some who are cautious about biting the hand that feeds them and not many of us who are self employed have the strength to be a martyr I will admit. There are ways and means of seeking an outcome before going full on with a clash with customers. I would have hoped that all of you would be prepared to at least attempt gentle persuasion first.

This is a health and safety issue after all, therefore is paramount.
Would you forgive yourself if someone got hurt and you`d said nothing?

Could you live with the fact that Ban all Sheds cares, but you do not?

I do hope that some of you will revisit your answers and rethink them.

I am , a little bit reminded of a situation a few years back.

Apparently a support worker had told school children that Father Xmas etc was all a myth.

Parents and teachers etc were up in arms and wanted the offender sacked.

I could not help but coming to the conclusion that people who told lies (yes lies) that Father Xmas did exist wanted to sack someone for telling the truth.

Good help us all!

If the person is running a sole trader business from his house then it might be acceptable to the authorities as he and his family are the people he is putting at risk. However if he has anyone working with him then it is now longer a sole trader "work place" and he must comply with the requirements for health and safety at work.

Should one report this type of "mis-demeanor". Personally I would if there was any perceived risk of harm to third parties if the situation was allowed to continue.

Lets face it this is merely and overload issue and to report this customer to the authorities for this is a bit harsh especially when it's not known what permits the customer has to run the business from their conservatory. RF has advised the customer of what they have done and what is needed to rectify the problem which is apparently what they are doing.

Job done!

If the person is running a sole trader business from his house then it might be acceptable to the authorities as he and his family are the people he is putting at risk. However if he has anyone working with him then it is now longer a sole trader "work place" and he must comply with the requirements for health and safety at work.

Should one report this type of "mis-demeanor". Personally I would if there was any perceived risk of harm to third parties if the situation was allowed to continue.

At the end of the day if the premises are a place of work, which they are, then HASAWA 74 applies whether a sole trader or not!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back