BAD STARTING LANDROVER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everybody, my missus has a landy 300TDI discovery. The last week its been getting to be a real bugger to start. It eventually starts but when it does sits at under 500rpm nearly staling. today i replaced the fuel filter and two of the glow plugs that werent working. I also drained the sedimentor. It ran fine for a couple of hours but then went back to not starting straight away, even when hot !! Could it be the 'fuel cut off switch' on the pump. is it worth me replacing this aswell or is there something im missing ???

Sponsored Links
If it run ok after filter change and water seperator cleaned out, i'd be looking at maybe water in the fuel................... or being a womans diesel car maybe petrol in it!

hi there. i might of traced the problem to the sedimentor as there is an air leak somewhere between the tank and the front fuel filter. no matter how much i bleed the system. ten minutes later theres more air in the system. Iv been told to do away with the sedimentor and put an inline filter in instead. There where signs of slight dampness around the sedimentor but no obvious signs of leaking.

Sponsored Links
You can get new seals for the sedimentor from landrover dealers.These units do a good job and are better than an in-line.It's quite common for air to be drawn in but see no fuel leaks.

Back