bahama he

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there first post, any one got any idea on where i can find a guide on how to clean my heat exchanger plate? its a baxi bahama boiler and a bloody pain! no hot water or heating for a week, new pcb board, new pump, now the plate is dirty the plumber thinks! he also said i can do it my self, any tips would be gladlly accepted!

Sponsored Links
i can guarantee that the problem will be the flow switch as well !!!

bit dodgy you cleaning plate out as you have to remove gas valve to do this i wouldnt recommend you doing this job :confused:

MRSD said:
hi there first post, any one got any idea on where i can find a guide on how to clean my heat exchanger plate? its a baxi bahama boiler and a b****y pain! no hot water or heating for a week, new pcb board, new pump, now the plate is dirty the plumber thinks! he also said i can do it my self, any tips would be gladlly accepted!

if you have no heating and no dhw this would indicate that the problem
is not the plate heat exchanger
when you turn the hot tap on does the fan run
can you see a spark

Sponsored Links
Bahama is a very easy boiler to fix you just hit it with a 14 pound sledge hammer right off the wall :LOL: and replace with a half decent boiler. Between that and the genisis got to be worst boilers baxi ever put there name to.

i totally agree might be why bahama was only made for 3 years and genesis isnt really Baxi its a Chafeteaux in disguise :eek:

also did you know the people who made the flow switches for the bahama designed them for air not water use so know wonder they always fail :mad:

You must agee fellas that the Baxi/ Potterton range of boilers are very popular on this forum. :LOL:

Sorry Gaz ;)

If you take the heat exchanger out you can try to clean it using HCl. Not a job you'd want to do unless you know how to handle strong acids.

Bahco said:
You must agee fellas that the Baxi/ Potterton range of boilers are very popular on this forum. :LOL:

Sorry Gaz ;)

Thats ok it might have something to do with us selling the most boilers :D its all percentages :LOL:

gazthepottertonengineer said:
Bahco said:

Sorry Gaz ;)

Thats ok it might have something to do with us selling the most boilers :D its all percentages :LOL:

Don't tell me; you get a commission the same as BG for flogging new boilers.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

doitall said:
Don't tell me; you get a commission the same as BG for flogging new boilers.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Commission??..is that what you call it???? roflmao :!: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back