Baxi Bahama 100 Water Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I have a water leak coming from my Baxi Bahama 100 combi boiler.

Seems to be coming from the joint between the flow switch manifold on the right side as you look at it, and the heat exchanger , seems to be the lower seal ?? Is this difficult to solve ?

Cheers, any opinions greatly appreciated !

Sponsored Links
Some of those joints can be difficult even for a professional.

But with new seals they usually can be made to stop leaking unless the surfaces have been corroded and are uneven.

Tony

Hi Tony
Thanks for that

I did have a local guy come out and he replaced the flow switch manifold and fitted new seals

He was a bit of a Muppet, he struggled getting the main screw/bolt out which secures the manifold to the exchanger, he damaged the head, and then proceeded to put the old screw back in, he said he couldn’t tighten it enough to stop the leak, and he also couldn’t get it out because he had damaged the head !!
I basically told him not to come back, I removed the screw with a screw extractor and fitted a new one but it’s still leaking!
I have noticed some different o ring seals on eBay, they seem sturdier

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331041066550?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Do you think it’s worth trying these; I am pretty good at technical matters, good with my hands so to speak

Cheers!!

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
There may be some other sellers a bit cheaper.

You really need to look carefully at the sealing surfaces and make sure there is no debris on them.

Silicone grease may help to seal and some on the screw thread will lubricate and create a stronger pressure.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi Tony
Thanks for the reply
So do you think those o rings would be ok, they are not the same as the originals, they were just a normal o ring?

I did tighten up the screw as much as i could and it was still weeping

I will take the manifold off and check the heat exchanger surfaces are clean and tidy

Do you think its worth replacing the heat exchanger while I am at it ?

Cheers
M :D

Another quick question please, how do I drain the boiler down to check/clean the primary flow switch ?

Cheers :D !!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back