Baxi Bahama 100 Leak. (Picture Included)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In Need Of help Page Baxi Bahama 100 (Boiler Problem) We have the Baxi Bahama 100 Boiler installed in our flat. Today (09 Jan 05) it was noticed that the boiler had a water leak coming from it.

Everything was working fine heating was on, water was working fine. The shop underneath our flat have been doing some work (noisy at that) and since then the water coming from all taps and the shower initially start but after it fires a little clogged up water at us. When we noticed the leak, we took the cover off and found that some plug had come out. when we put this plug back in the boiler ceased to heat, The flame light on the front of the boiler isnt lit, however neither is the problem indicator. The pressure has stayed constant for the time being. but no water is being heated, It makes the usual noises like it should be heating the water, but still to no avail. any ideas how to get the boiler heating again,

:oops:

out.jpg

Sponsored Links
also there doesnt seem to be a pilot light, we arent sure if there is meant to be a visible one, or if there is any way to relight it. but any help with this will be great.

Is there cold water coming out of your tapes?If there is no water coming out of the Cold/hot tapes this would lead one think there is blockage in your incoming water supply.Perhaps them downstairs have "Done" somfink! Maybe even inadvertently turned of the water supply to your flat - it has happened! If crap has been disturbed into the incoming pipe your boiler hot water filter may need cleaning
Perhaps post a picture (for them what knows ) of "Some" plug you inserted.
I don't think this boiler has a pilot light.
You posted a lovely photo - what does it indicate?
From where is the water leaking?

i've indicated where the water was leaking from.
the plug that the arrow points too, has been pushed back in however what it is that is surrounding the plug im not sure, maybe its some type of bonding glue keeping it in. by the looks of it these are the output pipes if that means anything at all.

Sponsored Links
If it is a flowswitch (pardon my ignorance ,i'm in I.T not plumbing or electrical) then there are wires attached, the first picture shows the white connector, there is a black wire coming from this flow switch and joins to the connector, which inturn connects to the front panel on the boiler.

:confused:

I'll try and get another picture later on, when i have finshed work, still thanks for the help so far folks.

We do have someone coming to look at it tomorrow (wed) but we are as confident in our landlord as we are that it will be 80 degress on xmas day. :)

Right, i'm home, i have my camera, is there anything that anyone needs to here, or me to tell to help sort this problem out for me.

damn its cold :evil:

Right ok, More Pics time.

First One Showing Switch with Blue wires.
Second Showing Grey Wires.
Now i must say, that the flowswitch with the grey wires is the one that has been leaking water, and water has gotten into the connector that i have circled.

1. Blue Wires
blue_wire.jpg

2. Grey Wires
grey.jpg

turn the power off and dry it out or try spraying it with wd :)

btw nice pic :LOL:

the switch might not be working after its acrobatics is another thing to keep in mind

Just one quick question kev

you know if the first pic, i have arrowed that thing that came out.
after i have turned the water off,
is it save to pull that plug thing out and dry that off.
cause the only things that are wet are that, and the cable leading to the connector attached to the grey wires, which i have already unattached and dryed off?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back