BAL white grout?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm floor tiling the hall, and aesthetically would much prefer white grout for finish, but is it much harder to keep clean? If you don't use waterproof grout do you need to seal it? Would i be better off using waterproof grout.. if that makes it much quicker setting i'd probably avoid it if i could.. i had a bad experience with rapid setting cement. Tile shops really shouldn't sell that stuff o novices!

Sponsored Links
If you want a white shade you might be better getting an off-white like ivory. White is gonna get grubby quick (especially in a hall). Personally I think grey is the best colour for floor tiles.

Hmnn.. might just go with the grey then.. does white/ish grout just tend to dirty quick whatever? I'm sure i coulnd't be arsed retouching/cleaning it every few months..

An off-white or oatmeal colour won't be too bad. White is really a "no no". Grey is safest. Grey will stain darker if you spill grease on it though. There's also brown - that hardly shows any stains but looks like someone's wiped their butt in between you tiles.
Grey is the way forward in my opinion and I recommend it to my customers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back