BAL WP1 shower kit and BAL WP1 tanking system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Could anyone tell me the difference between the Bal WP1 shower waterproofing kit at approx £65 and the Bal WP1 tanking kit at approx £45, you seem to get more content with the cheaper option.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
For your £64.54, you get - (1 unit= 1 kit, comprising of coating (4.5Kg bucket), polyester tape (10m x 100mm roll), polyester matting (1m x 1m piece), BAL Prime APD (500 mL bottle)
For your £46.34 you get (1 unit = 8Kg bucket - coating)
The £65 quid number has all the tapes and primer, the £46 jobbie is just a large tub of tanking solution.

For your £64.54, you get - (1 unit= 1 kit, comprising of coating (4.5Kg bucket), polyester tape (10m x 100mm roll), polyester matting (1m x 1m piece), BAL Prime APD (500 mL bottle)
For your £46.34 you get (1 unit = 8Kg bucket - coating)
The £65 quid number has all the tapes and primer, the £46 jobbie is just a large tub of tanking solution.

Thanks for that, I do have a tile acrylic primer from Tile Magic, do you think that I could use that with the WP1 if I were to go with the 8Kg bucket or would you advise the kit

Thanks....appreciate it

Probably, but without knowing exactly what you have, i couldn't say for sure. Tile magic :LOL: :rolleyes:
It depends how much you need to tank - if it's just a single shower, then you'll be fine with the kit. Bear in mind that the large tub doesn't come with the tapes, which you should really use.

Sponsored Links
I got the BAL WP 1 Showerproofing kit (coating (4.5Kg bucket), polyester tape (10m x 100mm roll), polyester matting (1m x 1m piece), BAL Prime APD (500 mL bottle) for £45 lthis month. You must be able to get it cheaper

I got the BAL WP 1 Showerproofing kit (coating (4.5Kg bucket), polyester tape (10m x 100mm roll), polyester matting (1m x 1m piece), BAL Prime APD (500 mL bottle) for £45 lthis month. You must be able to get it cheaper

Thats interesting, I am sure that Topps tiles is at least £65 with trade account..... (do not have), where did you purchase it from?

I do have a Tile Magic account but not sure what tanking kits they do, if they do one it would be their own brand....not sure if I would want to use their own brand for such an important task!

I just watched the Dunlop video of their application of their tanking kit and it shows them fitting the shower tray first and then taping onto it and including the top edge of the tray in the tanking process, although I have not fitted the tray yet and is an option I automatically assumed that you would tank down to the floor, then fit the shower tray!

What do the proffessionals think?

I also could not understand why he was only tanking half way up the wall!

If you need extra polyester tape, like I did, he is a link to Pure Adhesion that I shamelessly plagerised from gcol.

http://www.pureadhesion.co.uk/category/39/tanking-kits-amp;-primers

Tnarg[/url]

I see the Dunlop waterproofing kit (which is apparently made by BAL), which is half the price only comes with 1m of poly tape. This seems strange as the Dunlop video suggests putting tape in the internal corner and also along the top of the shower tray (both sides). Given this I need about 3m.

Hi garrymum,
Where did you get the info that the Dunlop kit only has 1 metre of Tape? If it was Screwfix - ....they are wrong, I have sent them an email to get it changed.

I have the kit at home, and on the side it states it comes with 5 metres of tape, not one (although I haven't actually checked inside yet). Also, the data sheet states 5 metres.

http://194.223.92.131/pdf/Technical...ta Sheets/Dunlop_Shower_Waterproofing_Kit.pdf

cheers

Hi, I am OP, wish I had known that 2 days ago as I have just purchased the WP1 kit for £65, I wanted to go for the Dunlop but was put off for this very reason, I needed more than a metre of tape!

Have got a good mind to approach Screwfix for compensation

Invisible-Man - That is a bit of a unfortunate.... :(

This was the response I had from Screwfix on 28th April...:

"Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that your comments have been noted and passed to our Buying Department for their perusal.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to contact us.

Regards

Shona Lane
Customer Resolution Team
Screwfix Direct Ltd
Tel - (01935 441719)
email:shona.lane@screwfix.com"

I paid less than £30 for this kit from screwfix last December, so it has gone up a fair bit now £39.95 - also shows how long my project is taking as I haven't used it yet!

You could try taking it up with Screwfix, but I doubt they'll be receptive. Nevertheless - don't ask, don't get.

cheers

Hi garrymum,
Where did you get the info that the Dunlop kit only has 1 metre of Tape? If it was Screwfix - ....they are wrong, I have sent them an email to get it changed.

I have the kit at home, and on the side it states it comes with 5 metres of tape, not one (although I haven't actually checked inside yet). Also, the data sheet states 5 metres.

http://194.223.92.131/pdf/Technical...ta Sheets/Dunlop_Shower_Waterproofing_Kit.pdf

cheers

Hi, it was screwfix website. I saw another posting somewhere else saying it had 5m so took a chance and bought it. Haven't measured the amount of tape but it does appear to be more than 1m

You could try taking it up with Screwfix, but I doubt they'll be receptive. Nevertheless - don't ask, don't get.

cheers[/quote]

To be honest, if I had bought the WP1 from Screwfix then I would have taken it up with them, i most likely will not, as I bought from Topps Tiles!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back