Balanced compartment flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know if its possible to get a combined flue/air vent terminal to fit a balanced compartment. The flue is 150mm diameter.

Building work necessitates removal of the existing high level flue so I'm looking at the option of creating a balanced compartment for a Kingfisher CF150 (57KW input).

I've found this but they don't look very attractive and tend to be for commercial sized boilers. http://www.sunpipe.co.uk/other-products/vbf/index.php

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
There are flue suppliers who should know what's about (try Yell) and a place near me makes ducting and things up in galv and has some useful fittings , Eg I bought a flange to hold a 6" flexy up to a big terracotta airbrick. Don't have the names handy but if you email me..

Came across a big boiler in a restaurant basement once which only had a high level vent, but about 12" square. Used a flexy fixed inside it to dangle down for the low level. Room temp dropped about 20º.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back