Balanced Flue Gas Fire Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We've had a Dru Global 100 Gas fire fitted in an extension recently, we had it on for the first time properly last night (we were told to let the plaster dry on the newly made chimney breast for a few weeks before using the fire). Spec :- Dru Global 100 BF

Issue is the we had the fire set to MAX but it didn't seem to be giving off as much heat as id expected, nor did the flames seem that large either. It's a 7.5kw output (94% efficiency) so thought it'd be really warm... It's got me wondering whether it's just me or if something isn't right, so wanted to ask on here.

One thing i did think of was; I recall during the installation they had to put a couple bends in the flue to avoid a ceiling joist. Am I correct in thinking bends like this will affect the draught and therefore could be causing the fire not to run as big as it could? or totally unrelatable? Photos below. (yes that socket was eliminated :p)

dru_fire_install1.jpg

IMG_3553.JPEG

thoughts on the above? or anything else I could consider looking into?

thanks

Ged

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I’ve mentioned the low power to them once already they essentially dismissed it. So wanted a few opinions before I went back

I’ll dig out the install sign off sheet when I get back. When they installed they checked that only a month ago.

Sign off sheet

sign_off.jpg

Also found this stuff in the manual, based on eyeballing it id say we have about 1.8-2M of vertical, 0.5M of horizontal, and 2 bends (the first being easily 1M above the unit). So I guess reassuringly puts us miles away from the non-permissible area. and lands us in Scenario A. Im wondering if the restrictor has been adjusted incorrectly.

IMG_3579.jpg

#

IMG_3580.jpg

Still doable, with patience.

So ran it for 3hrs tonight, checked the meter on the hour, every hour, the fire if nothing else is consistent. But the figure has thrown another layer of confusion.

It was using, on the nose, 0.84 m3 per hour. Which would be somewhere in the region of 9.0-9.4 kw per hour. Though on the manual for the fire it states 7.8kw input, How or why should be drawing so much more than its max input?

every hour, the fire if nothing else is consistent.
Don't understand that. Do you mean there is nothing else using gas during the test?
My guess is your figure is within experimental error, but at least it seems to show the gas input, and presumably heat output, meets the design.

BTW it's 9.0-9.4 kW, not kw per hour.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back