Balcony flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to put up a 3mtr square first floor extension. I would like to prepare the flat roof to be a balcony to serve the master bedroom. Currently looking at high-tech membrane amongst others .. Does anyone have any suggestions for a durable good quality solution.??

Thansk J

Sponsored Links
Sorry buddy I can't help you in it..!!
But you are at a right place where your questions will be answered very quickly and will get the best solution.Just keep patience and wait for the right time to come..!! :)

What's the flat roof make-up? What's the balcony floor finish going to be, is it to a fall, how much height do you have to play with?

Sponsored Links
Thats the question, building a single story to front of house 3mtr square. We want to use the roof of said extension as balcony from master bedroom. so will need to be able to take walking and maybe the odd chair or two. I feel felt will be no good as chair legs will puncture, so could I use felt with tiles, or some new fancy membrane.??? Not so worried about fall, can create what I want as new, makeup of roof again can be ply, osb, or other, just looking for ideas.

Thansk,

J

On felt you could do 'promenade tiles' or you could do a timber deck. You could also do paving slabs on paving slab supports. Up to you really. Need to decide on final finish before you confirm overall floor make-up though really.

As always dont want to break the bank but at the same time want something that is durable. So a economic final finish is what I am looking for I suppose. In your opinion what would be the cheaper solution.?

Thanks J

Thanks Freddy, Much appreciated information as not heard of the two solutions you suggested.

J

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back