Bali drug granny appeal

Going off at a tangent as i normally do, and thinking outside the box, here's what we do.

1. Buy loads of opium which we can buy for pennies in Afghanistan and produce all the morphine we need and then turn the rest into heroin which we give to any user that wants it free of charge in safe houses set aside for them.

2. As there is now no black market in this country there will be less petty crime committed by junkies looking to finance their next trip, we can recall our boys from Afghanistan as the taliban will have no market for their wares, also there will be no drugs barons in this country if we are giving the stuff away.

This is already done in either Austria or Switzerland and it works, why dont we do it here??

Sponsored Links
The idea of cutting the ground from under the feet of organised crime is well known, but there are too many people who are willing to perpetuate the crime trade because they want to punish the users rather than helping them.

In her case she took the risk and must have been aware of the consequences if caught.

But how many see drug dealers/users as scum and their landlord/drinking partners in a better light.

I have employed a few drug users and drinkers, the drinkers have caused me the most trouble for a variety of reasons.

If alcohol was as difficult to get as drugs and prices similar then we would see users rob/steal for their fix..............use extreme violence and cause misery to thousands. Good job it's legal.

It sounds like you are comparing Alcoholics with drug users, not drinkers

Sponsored Links
If I were then it would have read Alcoholics/Junkies

I do mean drinkers and drug users. Drinkers see themselves and their mates in a better light to their drug using counterparts and wont see their own drug use in the same way because it's legal.

Ask any Police officer, paramedic, Doctor or Nurse who causes them most trouble. How many drinkers end up in court compared to drug users.

How much does drunken crime cost us as opposed to that caused by drug users.

BTW: I have smoked cannabis twice in my life in the 70's and just understand it's attraction.

Does the same apply to the producers and sellers of alcohol?
A fair point, she was in it for monetary gain, regardless of the suffering caused to others, either directly or indirectly, drug users will steal / rob anything to get money for their fix.

Wotan

Dosent the same criteria (Steal/rob) apply to serious alcoholics?

There are also lots of people, who have no visible form of income, who benefit from the suffering of others, the black economy, people in high places.

Wotan

Wow, overwhelming condenmnation... yet no one seems to want to argue the right principles... i.e. innocent until proven guilty..! i only read a small article on this, admittedly, and if she did intend to smuggle that sh!t in, then good riddance, however, she says she was set up... and no one so far has taken account that.... say it was YOUR cousin, or brother etc?!!

innocent until proven guilty

yes, and she's had the trial, and was found to have had a huge amount of illegal drugs hidden in her luggage.

So what is the point you wish to make?

yes, if it was my granny who'd been caught committing a serious crime, in a country that had severe punishments, I'd be sad. I'd wish she'd had the sense, or the honesty, not to commit the crime.

yes, and she's had the trial, and was found to have had a huge amount of illegal drugs hidden in her luggage.

yes, if it was my granny who'd been caught committing a serious crime, in a country that had severe punishments, I'd be sad. I'd wish she'd had the sense, or the honesty, not to commit the crime.

One has to question HOW the drugs got into her luggage without her knowledge, (that was her defence)

One has to question HOW the drugs got into her luggage without her knowledge, (that was her defence)

Oh,someone put them in,someone threatened me and my family,uk govermant please help me......poor poor me........oh and by the way if I got away with it.it would have been more luxury cars,holidays ect,ect....I have no sympathy whatsoever

Sponsored Links
Back