Ball park figure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning,

Just want to get a feel for how much hassle/cost a job is going to cost. I have a rear single-storey extension which currently has both my kitchen and bathroom. I'm moving the bathroom upstairs to make a bigger kitchen. I will subsequently have more space along the back wall and I want to brick up the existing bathroom window opening. The idea is that we remove the current wooden backdoor and have a set of UPVC french windows opening out onto the garden. At the same time we also want to update the wooden frame kitchen window with a new UPVC window.

Sounds nice..but what sort of price will I be charged for supplying and fitting? NB. I'm in South London.

Sponsored Links
That's very useful keyplayer, I never thought of that :confused:

All I'm after at this stage is a very rough idea of how much this kind of job costs. £500+ £1000+ £2000+ ??

I would expect about 2500-3000 for basic windows/doors fitting and the alterations you mentioned, but you are better off getting some quotes its always hard to give estimates without seeing the job. We don't know how much bricking up/ opening up needs to be done whether its in facing bricks or block and render, size of windows etc.
Would you ever quote for a job without seeing it ?

Sponsored Links
No, of course I wouldn't. But thanks for the approx costs and the sorts of factors that are to be considered. Cheers.

Sorry RustyDave, no malice intended, but that's the only way you'll really get an idea of the job price. And there are a ton of companies in London.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back