Balustrade Paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've painted my Balustrade 2-tone (i.e. newels a light cream colour and the posts and handrails in a chocolate colour)

Only a couple of days normal use later and the balustarde paint is wearing away just like it used to the last time I painted it.

Are there any tips on protecting the paint on my bannister such as lacquer or something. Finger rings etc also do their part in damaging the paintwork.

I've looked around and loads of places just say to paint you balustarde without addressing the potential for it wearing off! I'd suggest this is more prevalent than just me but I can't find anything which is designed for this purpose.

P.S. Please don't suggest paint specifically for handrails because I've already painted them. I just need to know how to protect normal Satin paint. :)

Ta

Steve

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back