balustrade posts that go around the guttering?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking of installing a wire fence for this flat roof. I just want to put a few plants out there and give access for watering. What is the best way to secure max 1m centred posts for the side with guttering?

Initially I thought about a metal beam attaching to the far brick wall, but then it might make it hard to repair the roof when needed. I'm looking at balustrades, but they all go straight up from the wall they are attached to. I would need something that goes around the guttering. Any suggestions?

Mark

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-06-15 at 11.15.26.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-06-15 at 11.15.26.jpeg
    391.8 KB · Views: 45
Sponsored Links
I expect you'd need something bespoke to overcome that, unless you went for something very simple like keyklamp or similar where I daresay you could cobble together a cranked handrail out of the various components available. BTW you know you'd need planning permission for that?

In the end I went to ovaeda.com. They sold me a complete system with low profile aluminium subframe and posts that bolt into it. It has side fixes to secure the posts to the available walls too.

Sponsored Links
I'm sorry if this appeared as spam. My previous posts will hopefully show I don't spam. I ask a lot of questions and thought in this case it might be good to give back to the site and tell people how I eventually resolved this, in the hope it helps others.

You didn't say how anything was resolved you just came back and said you used some website or whatever.

You didn't say how anything was resolved you just came back and said you used some website or whatever.
You are right. I'll try and add a bit more information.

I have attached the diagram they provided. 32mm alluminum joists, doubled up at the point that posts will be positioned. There is plate that goes under the frame and each post bolts into it. Where brick wall is available you can see they are providing fixings that secure the post to the wall. 3 different sizes of pedestals are given, to mitigate the slope roof. Rubber pads are provided to protect the EPDM roof from he pedestals.

The side without a mid post is the entrance. To the corner right is a post without a wall wall clamp, we will need to figure out how to attach that to bolts that will come out of the dormer timber.

I hope that is enough information to help others?

Attachments

• decking.png
    decking.png
    556.9 KB · Views: 36
My installer was just asking me that, he has asked me to confirm on the middle post that doesn’t have wall support. He wants to put in an additional 45 degree arm support for that mid post. So I might end up doing that as well. But speaking to the suppliers first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back