Bamboo flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was looking at some flooring recently, made from bamboo. Proper solid T&G boards, not laminate or anything. They were on the narrow side, and possibly a little bit too thin to be used directly on joists, but apparently very water resistant, and good for bathrooms.

Anybody have any experience of the stuff?

Sponsored Links
My folks have it in their new bathroom and it looks really good. My Uncle (builder/architect) suggested it and he has used it in his bathroom also.

The type that my folks have has the bamboo ridges all in a line across each panel so it looks like the bamboo has been unrolled. My uncle could not get this type at the time he needed it so has had to opt for the cheaper stuff that is a little random. It still looks really good. (especially considering that it has taken almost 15 years to even start their bathroom!)

Meblin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back