Bamboo Trees/Bush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I have fairly big Bamboo tree/bush in out garden which has reached about 5-6m high.

Whats the best way to cut it to not, a: Kill it and b: make it look like it has just been cut. I say this as the 'trunk' or stem obviously goes quite thick.

Thanks

Adam.

Sponsored Links
what are you trying to achieve? thinning it out or reducing the height?

Sponsored Links
noseall said:
5-6m high. that's as tall as a house. :eek:

can we see a photo.

please. :LOL:

I will try and get one tomorrow - too dark now :) . We live in a town house and the tallest one is about the same height at the windows on the top floor.

well you cant make an omlette without breaking eggs. If you prune it in anyway it will show. If its a healthy bamboo it will put on growth rapidly anyway. The only other way is to thin its height out by only cutting some of the canes this time round and then do the others at another time.

Thanks for the info. I think I am going to have to just thin out just the tallest of them. I think this way will look the best

Thanks

Ad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back