Ban All Sheds or Ban Ban All Sheds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I find the sheds that ban all sheds would like to ban to be in the most part convenient, useful and helpful, and are becoming increasingly good value.

However, I find that ban all sheds is in the most part tedious, boring and unhelpful, and is becoming increasingly irritating.

You can ban some of the sheds all of the time, all of the sheds some of the time but you cant ban ban all sheds all of the time.

Sponsored Links
Unhelpful: yes, he can be at times; usually when he wants to make a point.

Boring: I can think of plenty of others who fit that description, but I don't think it applies to Ban.

As for the sheds, it's rumoured that he's modified his views on this subject and there have been reported sightings of him in Homebase during the hours of darkness. I know for a fact that he regularly goes to B&Q for technical advice when he needs to do something complicated, like wiring an intermediate switch.

Anyone got:

A photo of Ban (its on the forum somewhere)
A photo of a B&Q shopfront
Photoshop

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Children- Please go back to playing with duplo / Lego. Your all far too childish for a serious electrical forum :rolleyes:

I find the sheds that ban all sheds would like to ban to be in the most part convenient, useful and helpful, and are becoming increasingly good value.

For the supply of goods at reasonable prices sheds can be convenient.

But NOT for advice on how to use the items they sell. I say that having overheard advice being given to other customers and the time when I asked for advice to see if the "expert" really was informed, he wasn't.

When I factor in the time & petrol costs of going to a decent supplier, often it means that nipping down to our local Focus store is about the same.

Er indoors gets really mad at me if I shop for a job when we are out looking in other stores for our own kitchen work.

So I dont think the sheds should be banned.

And sticking up for BAS, dont ban him either.

I dont have a BS7671:2008 so when I need a quote, just ask a stupid question & up pops a quote... lol

Well a number at least..

Edit: And another thing, BAS is pne of the very few that sticks up for the DIYr in agreeing that a DIYr can do stuff found in Part P.

(BAS, you can use paypal to send me that fiver) :D

Ban-All-Sheds got banned from Niceland because he wasn't nice enough. :LOL:

Ban BAS? He's only fillling Breezer's shoes. Someone has to.

I find BAN to be quite a reasonable bloke.
His acerbic comments sometimes shows that he doesn't suffer fools gladly, whilst admitting he is not 'a professional' in one of his posts, he does take time to find out about things that he does and to do them correctly. Look how agitated he got over his thread cutting experience, anyone else would have probably said "sod it" and given up. He strikes me as a man with pride and someone who has pride in his work. There should be more like him in this world and maybe we wouldn't have so many cowboys around.

When one selects a flex due to all flex should be in view for inspection so also in open air it has a amp rating.

However other than flex cable is sold by it's cross sectional area and the amp rating is determining by how it is cooled and we have to calculate the rating according to it's route.

However sheds like B&Q try to help there customers with a amp rating for twin and earth cable without any reference to even the 4 standard installation methods and as a result can miss lead the DIY person and can cause danger.

And even though for the DIY man who can't without the LABC charges fit items into his consumer unit like RCD protection the sheds fail to stock Ali-tube cable with can be buried in a wall without RCD protection.

I am sure some where there is a shed when the customer is given valid help but I have yet to find one.

So I can see some real reasons to ban all sheds. However in real terms it will not really help and however bad the advise given they have forced done the prices.

Also shops like Aldi and Lidi are also selling sockets and switches etc. And here the assistants have no idea as to how to fit the items. And one must ask should they?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back