bang from oven and now dead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,
My misses put a baking tray full of water in the oven to cook something. When she took it out there was a lot of steam (unsurprisingly) and the oven went bang and switched off.
The fuse had tripped out so I switched it back on and went back to look at the oven. Power had returned and the LCD was flashing. I tried turning on the oven to test - it went bang again and the fuse tripped again.
This time however after switching the fuse back on the oven is dead with no power at all.
Can anyone speculate what might be broken here? Could it just be the fuse has blown?
I appreciate any advice.
Thanks,
Huw

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Either steam has got into the electrics causing a short, or the element has blown, leave it overnight with the door open see if it drys out, if not, and you don't know what your looking for get someone in, lectric and water don't mix, and lectric and people who don't know what they are doing mix less well.

Thanks for replying
I've had a look at the element and it seems intact. I'll try leaving it overnight and will get someone in to look at it tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back