Neff U1421 oven blew - multiple times!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My oven decided to go with a flash and soft bang last week when the wife went to switch it on. We switched the isolator off, turned the fuse box back on, then forgetting to turn the oven on/temp knob off, turned the isolator back on. The oven came on and heated up as normal, and then worked fine for a week. Switched on last night and bang again. Turned fuse on, turned oven on, works again. Turned on this morning, bang again. This time after resetting the lights are on but it's not heating up, so the element has gone i'd guess. Question is, what else should I look at replacing given the way in which it failed?

Thanks,

Spoodz

Sponsored Links
You should really have had it looked at the first time the rcd tripped. Problems of this type don't repair themselves. Regardless which element is defective (there are 3) the oven has to be removed in order to identify & replace it. If you are not comfortable troubleshooting electrical issues please call qualified assistance. The alternative can cost you dearly :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back