Banking Scam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a heads up as to the withdrawal of one bit of useless paper note in favour of a newer bit of useless paper note...

If you've got any of these stashed away they are apparently no longer legal tender after tomorrow:

50-quid.jpeg

Banks are supposed to take them in for exchange, but I have had a couple of interesting conversations today whereby I was told that I could pay them into a bank account, but not exchange them...

In addition I was asked as to where I came by them...

Obviously they got NOYFB as a reply, but declaring these notes no longer legal tender appears to be a scam to bolster bank balance sheets...

Whatever happened to 'I promise to pay the bearer on demand the sum of fifty pounds'?

And the two quotes on the new note could certainly be taken out of context!

"I sell here, Sir, what all the world desires - POWER"

"I can think of nothing else but this machine"

Sponsored Links
is it not to do with money laundering
to stop people turning traceable dodgy money into clean money ??

Nothing to do with money laundering...

So much money was taken out during the 'crisis' and they want it back into accounts!

They did this previously with £20 notes...

"I promise to pay the bearer on demand the sum of ..." effectively means sweet FA!

Add to that all the 'bail-in' laws and HMRC's new right to raid our bank accounts, and we don't actually have any rights over our own 'money' anymore!

Sponsored Links
I was trying to buy stuff in Manchester a couple of years ago with £50 notes and boy no shops would take them off me.. I found them a pain in the arse

I think in similar circumstances I would ask to open a new bank account. Having then deposited the notes, I'd immediately ask for an equivalent sum to be transferred to my existing bank account and follow this with a request to close the new account.

Being retired, of course, means I have plenty of time to pursue such entertaining activities. And, of course, the bureaucrats in the bank would surely enjoy all the form-filling. :LOL:

I guess you haven't encountered the new 'rules' when now opening an account JBR, even when you are an existing customer...

Let alone trying to deposit any significant amount of cash!

The Banks/Government are making it difficult for us to access our own money and easy for them to deprive us of it all in the name of 'money laundering'...

An example which will become commonplace in time: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...-answer-intrusive-questions-to-get-money.html

Lies of course that rank up there with other blanket laws imposed because of all those pesky terrorists and paedophiles!

"I promise to pay the bearer on demand......" About as much use as the phrase on the inside front cover of my passport.

Something about Her Majesty letting me pass without hindrance.

Perhaps She would do me a favour, and let those miserable b@st@rds at Birmingham airport passport control know what that actually means
:mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back