Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone fancy a bit?

I received this email on saturday:

Sent: Saturday, November 06, 2010 3:02 PM
To: undisclosed recipients:
Subject: Hello

Hello my dear,I found you at diynot.com I guess you are fine and living good. My name is Nina, I decided to drop you a note; I want to know you and know who you are! If it is okay by you feel free to write me back to enable us get to know each other better. hope to hear from you.Thanks from Nina.

I sent the following reply:

Hi there Nina. Great to hear from you.

What can I do for you? Why do you want to know about me?

Here's what I got back:

Hello dear friend,
Please permit me to introduce myself to you. My name is Nina Bassa, a 23 years old Liberian citizen, 5.6ft tall and fair in complexion and also a high school leaving certificate holder. My father, late Dr. Bassa Luis was a highly reputable business magnate (a cocoa merchant) who operated in the capital of Liberia during his days. He was poisoned by his business associates in one of their outings on a business trip. My mother died when i was a baby and since then my father was linked or rather suspected to have been masterminded by his relatives, who were so jealous because of his wealth and progress.
Before the death of my father in August 2008. He called his secretary who accompanied him to a hospital and told her that he had a sum of $3.8 million U.S. Dollars (Three million eight hundred thousand U.S.D) which he deposited in a bank. He used my name as next of kin. He also explained that it was because of this wealth that he was poisoned. He said that I should seek for a foreign partner in any country of my choice where i will transfer the money and use it for investment purposes.
After the death of my father, my uncle started to persecute me because of my fathers
properties which he latter snatched from me under threatening. My father instructed me not to tell any of my relative about the money because of their wickedness. I left my country to Senegal in west Africa by the help of reverend father. I came to Senegal under refugee were I'm currently residing now. More I explain myself, the more I shed tears, I am in a critical condition.
I want you to assist me transfer this money into your account and i will equally come over to further my education in your country after the transaction. It's one of the instructions my father left for me. I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in this regards. Your suggestions and ideas will be highly regarded.
Now permit me to ask these few questions:
1. Can you honestly help me as your friend?
2. Can i completely trust you?
3. What percentage of the total amount will be good for you after the money is in your account? Please, Consider this and get back to me as soon as possible. In my next mail i will give you contact of the bank where the money was deposited. I am looking forward to hear from you. Do not turn me down because you are God sent to me.

Thank and God bless you.

Yours faithful
Nina.

scammer.jpg

I'm using the alias "David Tinycock, which (s)he hasn't picked up on, so it appears I've got a full blown scammer on my hands.

As (s)he got my email address from DIYnot, I thought it only fair that we all put our heads together and see if we can't scam the scammer.

Any ideas for a reply are more than welcome.

Sponsored Links
She doesn't look like the typical refugees you see on the news every week though. Nice big diamond ring and jewellery. although she does have a cross around her neck (so she's a Christian). As we all know Christians are all good upright citizens and would never try to scam someone from the UK, I suggest you send her all of your bank details, credit card numbers etc so she knows your an honest person.
PS next e-mail, you send her, ask if she has a cousin in Nigeria.
I have a bank account that could do with $3 million putting in it (just to bring the balance up to $3 mill and ££2.65p)

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

lol, funny, she didn't mention the 50kg of gold dust that you can also have...

this site is worth a look, these guys do this for fun.

http://www.419eater.com/

it can get hairy, as this girl could well be a bloke, and a number of them actually live in the UK, so they are local enough to get nasty!!!!

Sponsored Links
I'm using the alias "David Tinycock, which (s)he hasn't picked up on, so it appears I've got a full blown scammer on my hands.
or could it be your wife?

This idiot, JohnD has been following me around. Most of his recent posts have been him following me, posting off-topic posts

Ignore the troll.

But he's not actually followed you on here. Rather, you have now followed him onto this thread. Hmm who's following who?

Well said JJ. JohnD is most certainly NOT a troll. I have no idea who or what ColinJacobson is.

As to the earlier link to 419 eater. Some of the stuff those guys have pulled off is brilliant. Great seeing the tables turned.

And RF, don't be trying to give us that BS about you using an alias. Just admit it... you really are 'David Tinycock' aren't you? :LOL:

why was my reply deleted with no mention of it?

all I said was that she e-mailed me too and that I didn't like that they got my e-mail from here..

why was my reply deleted with no mention of it?

all I said was that she e-mailed me too and that I didn't like that they got my e-mail from here..
Perhaps Admin is worried Col? We could mount a claim for breach of Data Protection! :evil:

Strangely she hasn't contacted me but then I'd tell her to &*$%&)£ right off!

just tell her to forget the money as you have many friends that can give her all the money she will need

Unfortunately if you list your emails in a public place they can be obtained by such people. If you wish to avoid this sort of thing please don't place your email on your profile pages, or alternatively make you profile pages 'more private', e.g. friends only.

Just to get back on track... I had 2 beautiful looking girls like this from Ghana
lodging in my house but they used to boil dried fish for hours. The smell was horrendous and got all around the house. It would take days to clear. Luckily it was during the summer period when I could leave the windows open. They live in someone else's house now, thankfully.

Point...even if you get the women (or lodger) check out their baggage first.

Also, whenever I meet beautiful girls like this from Africa I can't help getting this vision of a big pot of boiling rancid smelling fish.

"Hello dear friend,
Please permit me to introduce myself to you. My name is Nina Bassa, a 23 years old Liberian ".

We never get librarians like that around our way. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back