Scam baiting

Sponsored Links
How, do they PM you on Skype or try to ring you?

I've never come across it, and use Skype a lot.

Cheers

G

If you leave your Skype set to online, you'll get PM's a plenty from the scammers. Unless you set your preferences to PM's from friends only.

Sponsored Links
If you leave your Skype set to online, you'll get PM's a plenty from the scammers. Unless you set your preferences to PM's from friends only.

That explains it, I usually set my status to offline and don't leave Skype running that often.

Cheers

G

under the name of David Tinycock.. i have read that these scammers can often credit your account with $50 at first to keep you believing its real, before they empty the ****er.. Give it a go then scam their $50 off them

Got an email today purporting to be from the GnatWest. Told me my online bank account would be suspended unless I log in.
As I don't have a NatWest account (online or otherwise) I thought I'd investigate the link.
Clicking it took me to a webpage that looked surprisingly like the real thing. ( I checked out the real login page to compare).

I also checked the ip address of the server the email was sent from. Somewhere in Germany of all places :eek:
Further investigation revealed it to be a known spam/phishing mail server.
I have forwarded the email both to NatWest and banksafe.org for confirmation. Banksafe can and do have the power to have scam sites like this one shut down. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Can anyone here help this poor girl.
Dearest beloved,

I'm very much glad writing this message to you, yes i know that this letter may come to you as a surprise as we have not yet met before, But nevertheless, I do humbly ask you to give me a chance to introduce myself to you, My name is Jenny Williams, 18 years old girl, and the only survival of my late parents Mr and Mrs Williams Johnson. My father was a highly reputable business magnet-(a cocoa merchant) who operated in the capital of Ivory Coast during his days. Really It is sad to say that he passed away mysteriously in France during one of his business trips abroad on 12th.November 2008.

Though his sudden death was linked or rather suspected by one of his brother who accompanied him on that Trip, but God knows the truth! My mother died when I was just 8 years old, and since then my father took me so special. Before the death of my Father on November 12th 2008 He called the secretary who accompanied him to the hospit al and told her that he has the sum of Seven Million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars.(USD$7.500 000 00) left in one prime Security Company here in Abidjan,

And he also made the secretary to understand that it was because of this wealth that makes his Brothers to be against him, He also advice the secretary that I should seek for a foreign partner abroad, who will help me transfer the Money to his or her account, and also to travel along with him or her because my life is in danger as soon as his Brothers find out about that money in the Security Company,

My dear beloved, I am just 18 years old and an under graduates, I really don't know what to do This is because I have suffered a lot of set backs, as a result of incessant political crisis here in Ivory coast. Coupled that I have been chased out of my Fathers House because I did not tell his Brothers anything about my Fathers Wealth which they have plan to take over from me all because I am s till a small girl,

Dearest Beloved, I am in a sincere desire of your humble assistance in this regards. Your suggestions and ideas will be highly regarded, I want you to assist me retrieved that Trunk Box out from the Security Company and also get it deliver to you in your Country, And as soon as you received it, Then you will now make an arrangement for me to come over to your Country in other to continue my Education and also to invest that money into Business relationship with you,

I will be waiting for your urgent reply immediately you read this message, and Please if you find this mail offensive, please ignore it and accept my apology, Thanks once again and may God almighty bless you and your Family, kindly get back to me as soon as possible so that I will give you all the details you need, including the contact of the Security Company, so that you can contact them on how the Trunk Box will be retrieved and also be deliver to you in your Countr y,

Thanks till I hear from you,

Yours Beloved
Jenny Williams.

Sponsored Links
Back