Bannister nightmares

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any one out there find what seems to be the simplest of jobs turns into a knightmare. All I am tryinhg to do is change over a stair bannister and its driving me nuts. I live in an old councel house that it seems like when the wall was built the bannister's brackets were put in but what they seemed to do was on the bracket instead of just putting it onto the wall they had about a 3 inch rod going iunto the wall. I have managed to get two out but the middle one is giving me problems.

Checking on the brackets i have already taken off looking at the end they both have threads on them so the only thing I can think is this one has some sort of nut at the end embeded into the wall that is spinning the same time as you try to unscrew it.

Athe the moment I am trying to hammer out the wall surrounding it with intentions of replastering once finished but it seems to be embeded in concreate. So I am just looking for any help in how I could get this out and if i need some sort of tool.

Any help someone can give me would be greately appreciated I am thinking about getting a builder in to sort it but npaying a builder a call out fee just to take a bracket out a wall seems extravagant lol

Sponsored Links
Can you not cut it off flush then punch it back into the wall a few mm, fill and decorate over it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back