bar shower mixer support

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently purchased a triton shower mixer, but have never used one before. I understand they are supported from behind, but it didn't come with any kind of support mechanism. Do I need to purchase a back plate to fit this securely? The shower will be mounted on a stud wall, which is completely open at the moment.

Sponsored Links
I've just fitted one, there is no back plate as it's expected (in the instructions) the copper pipes will be fixed rigidly and will hold the shower - it does if done properly.

You can buy a fixing plate if you really want to though.

There's a number of ways to do it.

A wall plate fixed inside the stud wall.
KGrHqEOKjEE0f2CblUFBNZ6tFlHg_12.jpg

Or use 2 wall plate elbows then fit your 1/2" x 3/4" dogleg fittings.

p4753215_x.jpg

DEVA-RLE36CP_view.png

Or use these, these are the easiest saves measuring finished surfaces of your board/tiles just fit your 2 15mm pipes then fit these after tiling finish.

bar-mixer-valve-fixing-kit-00016361M.jpg
prd4370ca132d2f11.jpg

there is no back plate as it's expected (in the instructions) the copper pipes will be fixed rigidly and will hold the shower - it does if done properly.

So what fittings did you use to go from 15mm pipe to 3/4"" shower fittings ?

Sponsored Links
They're nice fittings, would certainly have made measuring up accounting for tiles/adhesive easier!

Triton's own fitting instructions tell you to ensure the pipes are rigid as this the shower support. I like those fittings better, although the way I've done ours has given it the necessary rigidity.

there is no back plate as it's expected (in the instructions) the copper pipes will be fixed rigidly and will hold the shower - it does if done properly.

So what fittings did you use to go from 15mm pipe to 3/4"" shower fittings ?

15mm compression elbow without the support back plate, again as per instructions.

The wall is dot and dab and was already chased from the previous shower. I redid the pipe work sleeved and clipped them to the wall and them foamed them in, they are rock solid.

I was considering just clamping the 2 pipes between studs instead of relying on plastic fixings, (the wall is of 2x2 construction and it built 6 inch from the brick wall, its sole purpose being to hide shower pipework, so i could screw another piece of 2x2 behind to clamp the pipes, not sure of this is a good idea.) But I may just opt for a plate, it looks neater.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back