Barbarity

Sponsored Links
Which is more barbaric,the execution or the witness of the execution to be able to write the article.

Terrible, but what is worse a comparativley quick death or a lifetime in prison?

One of the many claims to fame that the area where I come from has, is the number of executioners it has produced.
In years gone by I have known and spoken to two of them, Albert Pierrepoint and Harry Allan both of who, were pub landlords.
Albert had a pub on Oldham road Failsworth and Harry had the Junction pub just up the road from me.
If you did not know what profession they followed you would never guess in a million years that they had executed hundreds of people between them, both of them were true masters of their craft.

Sponsored Links
I can not comprehend the mind of people who are capable of such acts. They should be permanently tagged and on a register.

God Bless America

How the hell can he, when he stipulates" Thou shalt not Kill" and " Vengeance is mine "

The worst piece of barbarity I read of was in the paper the other day, an Iranian guy threw acid in the face of his lover who had jilted him blinding her.
As punishment she demanded biblical punishment, an eye for an eye, and his punishment is that a doctor drops 20 droplets of acid in both eyes in order to blind him, barbaric or what?

I don't really see the problem.

She callously and in cold blood conspired/organised the murder of two people.
Her motive was greed. She knew the penalties.

In fact, rather than disband the execution laws in that state, I think they should EXPAND them, to include serial child molesters and nonces in general.

The worst piece of barbarity I read of was in the paper the other day, an Iranian guy threw acid in the face of his lover who had jilted him blinding her.
As punishment she demanded biblical punishment, an eye for an eye, and his punishment is that a doctor drops 20 droplets of acid in both eyes in order to blind him, barbaric or what?

Personally, an eye-for-an-eye sounds good to me.

Personally, an eye-for-an-eye sounds good to me.

Retribution I think

Its the death penalty. The vast majority of modern progressive states have long since given up this medieval primative vengence,and the USA states that still perform this macabre rite will eventually progress.

The problem I do have about the whole question of capital punishment is, I believe given a reforendum on it, the vast majority of the British public would vote for it. The establishment know this and think the plebs have not got the inteligence to make an informed decision. So the high and mighty have made the decision for us. No party will put the restoration of it in their manifesto, even though its a sure vote winner.
Says a lot about British democracy. Like the decision to adopt the EU constitution
Should this be in a seperate post ?

I personally am all for hanging, there would be no forgiveness in my heart for someone who killed one of mine.

I understand your sentiments, most people would feel like that, passionately.
Thats why we have the rule of law, to take away the passion and need for personal vengence. The crime is not against the individual it is against the state or people. who then prosecute

Nothing barbaric , about a lethal injection , where the person falls asleep, without pain etc. Probably a lot less painful than the death she ordered for others.
I did notice the photographs of objectors outside the prison carrying placards stating that life is sacred, Do not kill etc,,,,, No though for the original victims then.

I think you will find that those people will abhore all murder. Especially the "legal" ones, ie, in their name

Sponsored Links
Back