sick society

Some courts have the jurisdiction to make an order for anonymity for all or any of the defendants.

Before doing so, a court must be satisfied that if no such order were made, either the administration of justice would be seriously affected or there is a real and immediate risk risk to the life of any of the defendants. The latter reason recognises Article 2 of the Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms, and the state’s obligation to take reasonable steps towards preventing loss of life.

Basically, the defendants are at risk of being lynched, or facing an unfair trial, if their identities are not withheld at this stage.

Sponsored Links
I'm sure it doesn't cost hundreds of thousands of pounds to stick a needle in someone's vein, Softus :confused:

thats the cheap bit. how many appeals and legal wrangles will be gone through before the final act, costing thousands? (im not passing comment here and getting involoved)

Forgive my ignorance but they have been found guilty so therefore it has to be assumed a fair trial was conducted and the defendants found guilty on the evidence supplied.And as for article 2 no one seem to give a s****e about the prevention of loss of life to the child.

Thats the bit I was interested in. If someone will prove to me that, even going through the appeals process, legal wrangles, etc., before execution, is more expensive than detaining a guilty person for an indefinite period, maybe the rest of their lives, then I will doff my cap.

Sponsored Links
And as for article 2 no one seem to give a s****e about the prevention of loss of life to the child.
That is singularly the most stupid and counter-productive comment I've ever read on this web site.

load of b...s about execution costing more than keeping this lowlife in prison for twenty years. You forget the costs of housing the scumbag after he finishes his sentence (cause he will be paroled no doubt), job seekers allowance, income support etc etc not to mention the costs of keeping him in prison (presumably in his own cell for his own safety).
But maybe I am wrong and he will get a job as a councellor in a local authority once he is let out.

Also how the hell are the lawyer and pediatrician only "suspended" beggars belief.

And as for article 2 no one seem to give a s****e about the prevention of loss of life to the child.
That is singularly the most stupid and counter-productive comment I've ever read on this web site.
Really?If the child is dead and three people have been convicted of the crime how was protection afforded to the said child.

How was protection afforded to the child then.Sorry for a counter productive question.Really!

From what I have read, the cost of execution is more expensive than a life doing porridge for the simple reason that the lengthy appeals process cost much ££££ in legal fees. Lawyers have the right to earn minimum wage just like the rest of us.

The simple solution is to do away with the appeals process. Let's have them down as guilty, end of. After an initial quick trial.

Hell, we might as well do away with the jury altogether, that'll save the taxpayer loads more money.

Come to think of it, judges don't come cheap, we could get rid of these wigged wonders and just have a basic trial without all the fuss 'n' nonsense.

Actually, stuff the trial, all citizens should be given the right to burn anyone who looks a little bit like a witch! That'll show the scumbags that we won't stand for any of this kind of uncivilised barbarity.

This morning,I heard some Social Workers talking on the news programme "Today" regarding this awful case/s. They are blaming too much paperwork, beaurocracy etc for tragedies such as this, but in this case alone,,, Social Workers and Health Workers,, made 60 + visits to the home of this long suffering child, (both announced and un-announced) and still failed to spot any wrong-doing. The mother allegedly said that the child was clumsy and would walk into things and got bruised and injured, but when the child was moved out of the house for a month, the injuries cleared up. No-one from that Social Work department picked up on this,,no-one spotted the improvement that came with the move. Children's Minister Beverly Hughes also refuted these claims today, that paperwork and beaurocracy were to blame in this case. It was total negligence and incompetent failure, to spot what was happening. They didn't even know that "others",,, the "abusers" were living at that address too. Time after time, the mother pulled the wool over the eyes of these Social Workers, and as a result,, this terrible tragedy occured. Can anyone imagine the life of fear, pure hell and pain, that innocent little kid went through, day, after day, after day,, lifelong,,, literally,,17 months.. :cry: There was no happiness, laughter and fun for the poor little fella, in that house .. I'm filling up, honestly.. It's heartbreaking.:cry: :cry:

Roughcaster.

This morning,I heard some Social Workers talking on the news programme "Today" regarding this awful case/s. They are blaming too much paperwork, beaurocracy etc for tragedies such as this

Roughcaster.

And it's all about to get a whole lot worse..

Contactpoint (the childrens database) is supposed to make it's much delayed debut in Jan 2009...

It has just been admitted that at least 1 million people (government employees) will have access, and will be able to 'flag up' any concerns...

Now given that most will not want to appear 'failing' in their duty to protect kids, how many 'flags' do you suppose will appear just in case?..

An already overworked SS (with the wrong policies in most cases anyway) will be swamped..

If you want to look for a needle in a haystack, it's best not to make the haystack any bigger... ;)

And the social workers here wonder just why I am extremely concerned for my grandson's safety...the extreme injuries that poor baby P suffered hasn't happened to him yet, but it could, judging by the company that his mother still chooses to keep... :rolleyes:

Even though those injuries were "only" computer-generated, it still brought a fair few tears to my eyes to think that that poor little mite suffered so much during his all to brief life.

Why do we let such scum carry on breathing....?

We let scum like that breathe because we have a judicial system that allows these people to live, instead of be put to death. We have debated the pros and cons of keeping these abhorrent people alive, and while we live in an apparently civilised society, we will keep putting bad peope in prison, feed and clothe them, give them treatment for their 'condition' of being ever so slightly deranged. It does make my blood boil, but the freedoms that we all demand in our lives are also, to an extent, the reasons why we still have nutters who aren't capable of parenting children, who rob, maim, murder and vandalise, and think the world owes them a favour.

and whatever is done by whoever it will still go on, nothing will ever stop it. no social workers, no sentances, no judicial sentances.

Sponsored Links
Back