sick society

Sponsored Links
how does a baby lose it's fingernails?!!! and do you think those pigs (apologies to porcine mud dwellers) did what they did because baby P was crying? well wouldn't most humans cry with a broken back, and no medication? that poor little mite !!!

People against the death penalty always cite the scenario where it's your relative wrongly convicted... well put your relative in the place of the innocent victim... the one who's violent death could (?) be prevented by stringing up these evil scumbags... and deterring others.
I'd expect that more deaths be deterred or prevented by the death penalty than those wrongfully convicted.

I admit it's not the complete answer, by a long way, i don't know what is. But people who knowingly end anothers life in such a way as baby P, shouldn't be given the opportunity to see sunlight, feel warmth, have a full belly, have a laugh... their victims never will...

I'd expect that more deaths be deterred or prevented by the death penalty than those wrongfully convicted.
you might 'expect' that, but the figures tend to show that countries with the death penalty have equal or worse homicide rates, and by definition there is no way of accurately recording those 'wrongly convicted'!

The thing you need to get into perspective is that to the ordinary person in the street such crimes are abhorent, and you couldnt even think of doing them. Moving on from that, most normal decent people have a respect for the law and the judicial system and the sentances that are passed. They must do or the system wouldnt still be in place. Many of these sort of crimes are carried out by many who are not normal decent people and dont have a regard or an undersatnding of the law, or even a moral view of right or wrong.

Many of these crimes are carried out in an enclosed world where authority is a meaningless concept that lives outside the front door. When it does come into their house or their lives, and they cant deal with it or understand it when it does. Therefore whatever sentance you pass on one person who carries out such a crime, it wont have a deterant effect on certain people and so similar crimes will continue to happen. Fortunatley they are not that common, but they have been going on for years in all countries regardless of the deterant of the sentance. At present the mandatory sentance for murder is life (i know they dont stay in for that long) but that doesn't stop people carrying out such acts in a few minutes of mindlessness.

I've dealt with all sides of many of the crimes that turn your stomach when i was in the police. I've dealt with the victims, the families,the neighbours, communities, the offenders, and the judicial system. The only conclusion i can draw is that if a person is going to commit a crime they will do so, regardless of the law, because its either in their make up or they've been affected in some way (ie drink/drugs, emotions etc) It doesnt stop my blood boiling and feeling the way most people do.

I dont know what the answer is, and I dont think anyone else really does.

Sponsored Links
I dont know what the answer is, and I dont think anyone else really does.

You answered your own question:

At present the mandatory sentance for murder is life (i know they dont stay in for that long)

It's called 'life' for a reason... they should be incarcerated for
the whole of their life.
And as you mentioned, they don't stay in jail for very long these days, maybe because jails are getting full, or we are becoming more liberal or parole boards are too lenient? these scum are being released to enjoy their freedom. And i think it's that which annoys people, and makes them cry for the death penalty.
I'd like to see baby P's torturers hung and tortured themselves, but i'd be satisfied if i knew they were going to prison and coming out in a coffin.

It's called 'life' for a reason.
Ah yes. That tired old platitude.

What is the "reason"?

I'd like to see baby P's torturers hung and tortured themselves, but i'd be satisfied if i knew they were going to prison and coming out in a coffin.
If they go to an ordinary prison then they won't be living to a ripe old age. :eek:

If they go to an ordinary prison then they won't be living to a ripe old age. icon_eek.gif

Why is that?, what "ordinary" prison would that be?.

Your first example, I a n huntley,nearest he would get to boiling water would be a cup of tea.

next example, he got a punch in the eye, couple of stitches, in neither cases did they require outside, if indeed any, hospital treatment.

The BBC said:
A spokeswoman for the Prison Service said: "We can confirm a prisoner on the health care wing at HMP Wakefield was, on 14 September, attacked with boiling water by another prisoner.

"He is being treated by health care staff at the prison and an internal investigation has been launched.

"While staff monitor prisoners carefully, high security prisoners are, by nature, a particularly challenging group to manage and while staff are always vigilant, it's impossible to prevent incidents of this nature occasionally happening."

pay Russia to have them in the Gulag doing hard labour to keep warm until they die.

cut wood, break rocks or die - your choice.

i feel that even this type of punishment does not befit the cruelty dished out to an innocent child.

i can not listen to the news reports and have to turn the t.v. or radio off.

it makes me fell sick.

Sponsored Links
Back