Barn wall partially collapsed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a few barns, working farm, the walls seemed sound but some guttering has been leaking onto one, and the pointing was damaged. The outer layer of one wall suddenly partly collapsed recently, the wall is fine inside but the outer layer has fallen off completely leaving only rough rubble. Photo below. Can anyone tell me what if anything can be done to fix or stabilise this, to stop it going any further? Can the outer stone be put back, or does the wall need to be pulled down and rebuilt? I've had this before in another barn and patched with lime render and rubble, it's fine 10 years later but that was just a small bit, size of a window. This time it's half a wall.

Attachments

• collapsed wall.jpg
    collapsed wall.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 195
Sponsored Links
It can be rebuilt, preferably by someone who knows how to build stone walls, but if you have done this before go for it..

That seems like a lot of work now just for the sake of a couple of gutter brackets!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back